Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: Mocked by Faith by Michele Richard

Publisher: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House
ISBN: 9781612130545
Pages:221 pages
Genre: Fiction  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: The Writer’s Coffee Shop, Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

For Alexia Cross and Justin McNear, things are not what they seem. Both were born and raised in hidden, gated communities. A place where time virtually stands still and marriages are arranged by parents before a child's 18th birthday.

Alexia is destined to be her community's first spinster. In a last ditch effort, a husband is found. The only complication? He has no idea he has been betrothed. Will his history of dating outsiders help or hinder his relationship with his future wife?

Justin McNear searched outside his church for the woman of his dreams.

Returning home after failing, he knows he needs to rectify his life and his faith. Can a woman he's never met make him whole again?

Will this couple end up mocked by their own faith? Follow Alexia and Justin through the trials and tribulations of finding, falling, and surviving each other's love.

It's never easy saying "I do" to someone you don't know.

My Review: 

I reviewed Mocked by Destiny and loved it. It was a gold star review. If I had a rating better than gold star this one would have gotten it but since I don’t it will likely b a gold star book. But just know, I wanted to create a ranking to accommodate it but couldn’t.

I started this book and didn’t put it down until I was done. And considering I was reading on my hated Sony Reader, that’s something. I loved both Alexia and Justin. They were heartbreaking at times. Very heartbreaking. To the point of tears. There were times that I wanted to shake both of them but I had to love them both. They were thrown into a marriage with people they did not know and expected to adjust to it immediately.

I was borderline fascinated by this book. The religious community that Justin and Alexia both fascinated and angered me. It mostly angered me. The role that women played in the community put me in a rage state. But I was still interested by the lifestyle that the people in the community lived. I also have to admit that the arranged marriage was right up my alley. I am a historical romance fan after all and it was really interesting to see Alexia and Justin adjust to each other as painful and problematic as that process was.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio