Search Me!


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: Never Been Bit by Lydia Dare

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402245130
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency/Paranormal/Vampires  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

The glittering world of high society is the playground for the rich, titled, and reluctantly undead...

Alec MacQuarrie's after-life has become an endless search for pleasure in an effort to overcome his heartbreak and despair. Wandering through the seedy world of London's demimonde, he's changed into a dark and fearsome creature even he doesn't recognize until he stumbles into a magical lass he knew once upon a time and sees a glimpse of the life he could have had.

But the ton is no match for one incorrigible young lady...

After watching each of her coven sisters happily marry, Sorcha Ferguson is determined to capture a Lycan husband of her very own. When she encounters Alec, she decides to save her old friend from what he's become, all while searching for her own happily-ever-after.

Over his dead body is Alec going to allow this enchanting innocent to throw herself away on an unworthy werewolf, but that leaves him responsible for her, and he's the worst monster of them all...

My Review: 

I will not tell you how long I have been waiting for Sorcha and Alec’s story but it has been a long time. Sorcha was always my favorite of the witches and I had my fingers crossed that she would end up with Alec.

Sorcha was every bit as awesome as I thought she would be. She was spunky and fun and I just loved her. I did hate seeing her compare herself to Cait at every turn because Alec was once in love with her. I also loved Alec—I knew I would based on how awesome he was in the previous books. I have been so anxious to get over Cait and move on to Sorcha for the last couple of books. I especially liked that he was one of those sad and broody type characters without ever actually being sad or broody.

I loved this book as I have loved all the books in both of Lydia Dare’s series. Sorcha and Alec had such an amazing chemistry even though it was somewhat bickersonish. I do have one slight question…where are Lily and Simon from A Certain Wolfish Charm? They are my favorite couple in the whole group and I feel as if, and I could be wrong, that we haven’t gotten an update on them in a while. I also wanted to know what happened to Oliver, Lily’s nephew. I was hoping that he would get a book of his own in the series or a future one. I really loved him in A Certain Wolfish Charm. But, nevertheless, this one was an amazing read and it was, perhaps, my favorite of the series.

I will continue to stalk Lydia Dare’s books like the rabid fangirl that I am. I cannot recommend the Westfield  Wolves and Regency Vampyre series enough.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio