Search Me!


Friday, September 30, 2011

Review: Up A Dry Creek by Avery Flynn

Publisher: Evernight Publishing  
ISBN: 9781926950518
Genre: Romantic Suspense  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Claire Layton expects the usual busy Saturday night at Harvest Bistro to be killer on her stilletto shod feet. She never imagines there’d be an actual murderer on the loose at her restaurant in rural Dry Creek, Nebraska. But when she discovers a customer dead in a dumpster, the killer demands she find the victim’s phone and flash drive or face fatal consequenses.

Jake Warrick, a cocky and mind-numbingly hot private investigator, becomes Claire’s unlikely ally in the search. Jake just wants to solve the case and get out of this hick town, but the diminutive and curvaceous Claire turns his plan upside down as they uncover a more complex crime than they ever imagined. The two bicker and banter like Tracy and Hepburn caught in a whirlwind of intense sexual attraction as they try to find the killer before it’s too late.

My Review:  

I had one hell of a morning. My computer kinda crashed. It would still turn on but it would turn on, blue screen, and turn off. Techy people fixed it for me. I lost most of my posts and anything that wasn’t backed up. I’ve had a terrible morning.

I really liked this book quite a bit. Claire was a great heroine. She was spunky and intelligent. She was also self-sufficient which I really liked. She had an MBA and ran her own business.  Jake was the typical sexy-cop hero. He was one of the best cop-style heroes I have ever come across because he is not completely prototypical. Yes, he is a good cop but we also get to know his family and what makes him the man he is. I do have to admit that I didn’t like him very much at the start but as the story went on I liked him more and more. Especially because he developed such an amazing chemistry with Claire.

This was an excellent start to the series. I loved just about everything about this book. I loved how the murder mystery sometimes took precedence over the development of the romance. Sometimes the mystery is secondary to the romance and I love it when the mystery is more of a primary focus. This murder mystery was definitely interesting and melded very well with the romance storyline. But that’s not to take anything away from Claire and Jake as out main couple. They had intense chemistry and the tension between them was through the roof.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. Gah! Technology crazy is the worst kind of crazy. So glad the tech guys were able to help you out. :)

    And I'm thrilled you liked Up a Dry Creek. Yeah!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio