Search Me!

Loading...

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dewey 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Updates Post

image

This will be my master post because I don’t want to spam email boxes.

I have no idea what I am going to read but I will be starting with J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

My start time is 8am.

Hour 1: I woke up to my internet being dead.Yeah. Fun. Every Dewey Read-A-Thon, my internet starts the day off dead. So I finished Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick and I prayed for it to fix itself.

Mini Challenge 1

1)Where are you reading from today? New York
2)Three random facts about me…

  • I have a fledgling cupcake business and I am itching to bake right now.
  • I am a huge Devils fan. They have a game tonight that I am going to have to negotiate with. I normally put down my books for games.
  • I am a huge romance novel addict. More specifically bodice rippers. The badder the better.

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? To tell you the truth, I have no idea.
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? My goal is to complete the 24 hours and read at least 10 books.
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? Avoid coffee. If you need caffeine drink tea. Coffee equals crash.


Hours Read: 1
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish)
Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
Pages Read: 48

Hour 2:

Still no internet. Bah!

Hours Read: 2
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish)
Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (page 68)
Pages Read: 100

Hour 3:

Mini Challenge 3:

Book Puzzle:

image

 

       +

image

 

 

 

 

= Take a wild guess!

Hours Read: 3
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish)
Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (page 88)-Where has this book been my whole life?
Pages Read: 120

Hour 4:

Still no internet! Called the cable company. It’s the weekend. Was completely useless.

Hours Read: 4
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish)
Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (page 110)
Pages Read: 122

Hour 5:

Internet’s still gone. Why must they do this to me?

Hours Read: 5
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish)
Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (page 175)
Pages Read: 187

Hour 6:

Internet back. Let’s see how this works.

I am currently listening to:

imageimage

Two completely different albums and artists but equally amazing.

Hours Read: 6
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish)
Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (page 220)
Pages Read: 232

Hour 7:

Hours Read: 7
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish)
Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (page 272)
Pages Read: 284

Hour 8:

Hours Read: 8
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish)
Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (page 375)
Pages Read: 387

Hour 9:

Hours Read: 9
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward 
Currently Reading: Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March 
Pages Read: 431

Hour 10:

Hours Read: 10
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward 
Currently Reading: Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March (page 100
Pages Read: 531

Hour 11:

Hours Read: 11
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward 
Currently Reading: Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March (page 200)
Pages Read: 631

Hour 12:

Hours Read: 12
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March  
Currently Reading: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward
Pages Read: 751

Hour 13:

Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now? Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward
2. How many books have you read so far? 2
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The rest of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. How did this series get past my notice?
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I told everyone to leave me alone.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? The only interruption I had is the Devils game but they’re losing so I ‘m reading.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How not tired I am.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I would prepick my books.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Nope
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Seriously, drink tea. You get the rush without the headache.

 

Hours Read: 13
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March  
Currently Reading: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward  (175)
Pages Read: 926

Hour 14

Hours Read: 14
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March  
Currently Reading: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward  (225)
Pages Read: 976

Hour 15

Hours Read: 15
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March  
Currently Reading: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward  (350)
Pages Read: 1101

Hours 16 and 17

Hours Read: 17 
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March, Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward   
Currently Reading:  The Coming Home Place by Mary Spencer (20)
Pages Read: 1121

Mini-Challenge Rereads:

I am not doing any rereads for this readathon but my favorite rereads are:

  • The Anne of Green Gables series
  • Jane Austen’s books
  • Everything by Elizabeth Gaskell especially North and South
  • A Soldier’s Daughter Never Cries by Kaylie Jones
  • Almost all of my romance novels.

Hour 18

Hours Read: 18 
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March, Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward   
Currently Reading:  The Coming Home Place by Mary Spencer (120)
Pages Read: 1221

Hour 19

Hours Read: 19 
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March, Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward   
Currently Reading:  The Coming Home Place by Mary Spencer (211)
Pages Read: 1312

Hour 20

This will probably be my last hour of live blogging before I turn the lights off and read with a flashlight. There is no way I can put this book down anyway. It’s so bodice-rippy.

Hours Read: 20 
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March, Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward   
Currently Reading:  The Coming Home Place by Mary Spencer (400)
Pages Read: 1501

Hour 21-24

I managed to finish the final 3 hours before I conked out.

Hours Read: 21-24 
Books Read: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (38 pages to finish), Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March, Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward, The Coming Home Place by Mary Spencer   
Currently Reading:  Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward (400)
Pages Read: 1981

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably the last 3
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  The Black Dagger Brotherhood.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Perhaps doing bi-hourly updates and mini-challenges. I tend to get sucked into Twitter when I pick up my computer.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything. I had fun.
  5. How many books did you read? 4
  6. What were the names of the books you read?
  7. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Seducing the Duchess by Ashley March, Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward, The Coming Home Place by Mary Spencer   
  8. Which book did you enjoy most? I really loved all of them. Really. They are all going to look like rereads.
  9. Which did you enjoy least? None
  10. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
  11. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very. I will be a reader.

10 comments:

  1. How is your reading coming along? I'm still on my first book but I'm enjoying the read-a-thon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The badder the better, huh? Love it!!

    Hope you're having a ridiculously awesome readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace, I'm here to cheer for you to keep up the reading during the readathon....desite the fact that you live in NY and you're a DEVILS fan! Ya know the Rangers like fans, too! lol
    (just teasing!)
    Good luck with the cupcake business! I'm happy you're participating in the readathon even though you have cup cakes to bake!

    Good luck today! Have a fantastic Readathon! Enjoy Dark Lover! Sounds intense and absorbing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amy

    Oh I could never be a Rangers fan. Never. Skin crawls just thinking about it. lol. Most of my family are Rangers fans but they are just so wrong.

    Thanks! I am reading and making salted caramel cupcakes right now. Making caramel while reading is very dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a blast reading today! Sorry I could not play too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dark Lover is on my wish list. Hope you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you reading AND cooking while wearing your underwear? You give multitasking a whole new meaning, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hour is long
    It's getting late
    But don't give up
    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, is your book puzzle perhaps Dark Lover? Great puzzle. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're in the final stretch now! Keep up the good work! :)

    -jehara #cheercookie

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio