Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, October 3, 2011

Frightful Fall Read-A-Thon: Starting Line and Updates

frightful fall sm

I couldn’t resist. I have been dying to read some good horror books and I just love readathons.

I will be reading:

  • Ghost Files by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson
  • Ghost Trackers by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson
  • The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
  • A reread of Lydia Dare’s series, possibly
  • Silence once I get it.
  • And since I can’t read too many horror books without scaring the living daylights out of myself---Shirlee Busbee, Meagan McKinney and Connie Mason’s books

Progress:

Day 1-October 3

Hours Read: 10; Pages Read: 1237
Books Read: Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery, Ghost Files by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, Ghost Tracker by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson 
Currently Reading:  Barely A Lady by Eileen Dreyer
Up Next:  Churchill by Martin Gilbert (Don’t laugh. It’s awesome)

Day 2-October 4

Hours Read in Total: 13; Pages Read in Total: 1362
Hours Read today: 3;Pages Read Today: 125
Books Read: Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery, Ghost Files by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, Ghost Tracker by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson 
Currently Reading:  Barely A Lady by Eileen Dreyer (on page 125)
Up Next:  Churchill by Martin Gilbert (Don’t laugh. It’s awesome)-I didn’t feel like reading such a long book during the readathon so I gave up. 

Days 3 and 4: October 5 and 6:

Hours Read in Total: 23; Pages Read in Total: 2181
Hours Read today: 10;Pages Read Today: 984
Books Read: Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery, Ghost Files by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, Ghost Tracker by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, Barely A Lady by Eileen Dreyer, Always a Temptress by Eileen Dreyer  
Currently Reading: The Shining by Stephen King (Crap! on page 120) 
Up Next:  Never a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer

Day 5: October 7:

Hours Read in Total: 30; Pages Read in Total: 2958
Hours Read today: 7;Pages Read Today: 77
Books Read: Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery, Ghost Files by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, Ghost Tracker by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, Barely A Lady by Eileen Dreyer, Always a Temptress by Eileen Dreyer, The Shining by Stephen King (Never again!), Never a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer   
Currently Reading:  Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell (on page 60)

8 comments:

  1. Welcome, Grace! So glad you're joining us. You have some good ones lined up. I love Poe and The Tell-Tale Heart is excellent.

    Happy scary reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeey!!
    I can't read a lot of scary stuff without going half-bald, so I'll be sneaking in non-scary stuff too :D
    I'll cheer for you! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your TBR pile for this month!
    New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michelle @ The True Book Addict

    The Tell Tale Heart is my go-to horror. I won't be able to sleep for a week after reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Livia @ Butterfly-o-Meter Books

    Oh me either. I overdose on it during October and stick to romance and YA for the rest of the year. I usually end up Nyquiling myself to sleep for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are off to a great start! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list - it looks horrifying! :) And you've already got through so many! I've never read The Tell-Tale Heart but keep meaning to - perhaps I'll just stick to reading it in the daylight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you've been enjoying the read-a-thon! As of the 7th, you sure had read a lot of pages...great job! Can't wait to see your final totals. =O)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio