Search Me!

Loading...

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review: Darn Good Cowboy Christmas by Carolyn Brown

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
ISBN: 1402261578
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Western  
Series: Spikes and Spurs-1,2,3 (this one) 
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

The author of the #1 bestselling Christmas romance in 2010 (Honky Tonk Christmas) creates a new installment in her sexy contemporary cowboy romance series that showcases her amazing Southern voice.

Born and raised in a traveling carnival, all Liz Hanson ever wanted for Christmas was a home that didn't have wheels. After she was old enough to date she added one more item: a sexy cowboy.

She's about given up on Santa ever bringing either one when her father dies and leaves her an ugly house and twenty acres in Texas. Then rancher Raylen O'Donnell walks onto her property...

My Review: 

I have read so many Carolyn Brown books. I love them all. Her books are always so fun and full of life. She also happens to write about some of  the best cowboys ever. I was a bit apprehensive because Christmas is not my favorite subject matter. I am  known family-wide as “The Grinch.” I was hoping that this wasn’t going to go to the Christmas good cheer and overly sweet smushiness place and I was happy that it didn’t.

I really liked Liz. She was very lively and interesting. I tend to like carnies whenever I come across them in my reading and I definitely liked Liz. She was spunky and funny. Raylen was definitely a great hero. He was this rough and tough cowboy but he was so adorable and funny at the same time. I love it when heroes can mix the gruff with the cute. I did like Liz and Raylen as a couple. They didn’t have the best chemistry I’ve ever read but I could sit through a book about them together with no issues.

I loved how the Christmas theme was used in this one. There were the odd mentions of something Christmasy and you definitely got the feel of the season but nothing that made me feel as if I should be tinseling my house. I also loved the setting. I love books that take place in small towns. I’m a city girl and we all want what we can’t have. The secondary characters were also quite fun and lively and we got updates on all of the past couples in this series.

I can’t wait for Colleen and Blaze and Gemma and Ace to have their books. Especially Gemma and Ace. They were my favorite.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. souds like a sweet and fun series on my radar

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio