Search Me!

Loading...

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review: Mr. Darcy’s Bite by Mary Lydon Simonsen

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Landmark 
ISBN: 1402250770
Pages:336 pages
Genre: Jane Austen Adaptation  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

Mr. Darcy has a secret...

Darcy is acting rather oddly. After months of courting Elizabeth Bennet, no offer of marriage is forthcoming and Elizabeth is first impatient, then increasingly frightened. For there is no denying that the full moon seems to be affecting his behavior, and Elizabeth's love is going to be tested in ways she never dreamed...

Darcy has more than family pride to protect: others of his kind are being hunted all over England and a member of Darcy's pack is facing a crisis in Scotland. It will take all of Elizabeth's faith, courage, and ingenuity to overcome her prejudice and join Darcy in a Regency world she never knew existed.

My Review: 

I have loved all of Mary Lydon Simonsen’s books. I was a bit concerned about this one because paranormal adaptations of Jane Austen books either tend to be amazing or complete failures for me. There really is no middle ground.

First of all, Mary Lydon Simonsen captured Lizzy perfectly. Of all the Lizzys I have encountered, this is the best one. She was strong, capable, and kickass. She also had the wit and vivacity that I have come to expect from Lizzy in all adaptations. I have encountered Darcy in many forms but never as a werewolf. To tell you the truth, I could not see Darcy as a convincing werewolf at all but this one convinced me. It turned out that it worked perfectly and, perhaps, even better than Darcy as a vampire. He was also quite adorable at times which made it even better.

I absolutely loved the shapeshifter storyline. I do have to admit that I was surprised at how well it meshed into the Pride and Prejudice world. I also loved that there was real competition for Lizzy. Nell wasn’t flimsy competition at all. There were real reasons for Darcy to pick Nell. I mean, any Pride and Prejudice fan knows that there is nothing better than Lizzy and Darcy but there was some real competition with Nell. I did love the inclusion of Georgiana and Anne. They acted as Lizzy’s guides in the world of shapeshifters and pack life. I did sort of miss Caroline though. Never thought I would say that…

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio