Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Review Relic Defender: Key of Solomon by Cassiel Knight

Publisher: Samhain Publishing
ISBN: 1609284135
Pages: 272 pages
Genre: Paranormal Romance  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Samhain Publishing, Lulu, Nook



Summary from publisher:

Trust no one…except the one who walks in the dark.

Relic Defender, Book 1

Anthropology PhD candidate Lexi Harrison never bares it all when she belly dances for a strip club crowd. She doesn’t have to—she’s that good. Every performance earns money toward her degree, and restores the sense of power that her painful childhood ripped away.

Something is different about tonight. A man whose silver gaze seems to touch her skin beneath her veils. When a rowdy customer crosses the line, he comes to her rescue with the speed of a falcon—complete with wings.

Mikos Tyomni has never seen anyone dance the raqs sharqi like Lexi. Trust his tormentor, Archangel Michael, to put him in close contact with the cause of his downfall: a mortal woman. Particularly this mortal woman. The Defender. He has only thirty days to win her trust before Hell’s deadliest demons attempt the mother of all prison breaks.

No matter how sexy the messenger is, Lexi’s career plans don’t include some crazy idea that she’s the last line of defense against the forces of evil. Until her university mentor’s murder leaves her holding the key to Hell. And fighting a losing battle against a passion with the unholy power to bring down Heaven…

Warning: This title contains a dark and sexy fallen angel, bad-ass demons, a heroine with kick-assitude tossed together with mythology, archeology and a shape-shifting rock with a fondness for the gangsters of the 1920s.

My Review:  

This one sounded so good to me. Angels, demons and a dash of strip club. You can’t really go wrong there. I was looking forward to spending a couple of hours squirreled away with my Sony Reader and this book and it definitely lived up to expectations.

Lexi and Mikos were definitely a very interesting couple. Lexi is destined to become a world defender, gets into a whole mess of trouble and Mikos is sent to train and protect her from demons trying to steal an old relic from her. Lexi is completely resistant to Mikos’ protection and training and Mikos just wants to successfully complete his last mission.

I loved this book. I was so into the story and I was borderline in love with Lexi myself. I really loved all of the action. It definitely kept me interested in the story. There were never any places where I felt lost or bored.  Lexi and Mikos were such a well matched couple and they carried the story very well. Lexi and Mikos had such a great chemistry. They bickered and bantered which is always a fun addition to any romance.

I am definitely waiting for the next book. The couple is revealed in the last chapter and their story sounds just as interesting as Lexi and Mikos. This is a series and an author that I will continue to follow.


Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

image

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your review with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace! Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I think you'll enjoy Jackson and Marisol's story even more. Marisol is an unrepentent fallen angel with a unseen mushy inside while Jackson is a perfect foil for her with his charming and light-hearted look on life. He makes her more human. And they get to kick demon behind together. :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading the review; it was really good.

    Key of Solomon sounds like a novel right up my alley. I can't wait to read it and all future books.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silver gazed hero has me hooked. Sounds like an exciting read!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio