Search Me!


Saturday, October 8, 2011

Review: Romancing the Countess by Ashley March

imagePublisher: Signet 
ISBN: 0451234510
Pages: 320 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Victorian  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Sebastian Madinger, the Earl of Wriothesly, thought he'd married the perfect woman-until a fatal accident revealed her betrayal with his best friend. After their deaths, Sebastian is determined to avoid a scandal for the sake of his son. But his best friend's widow is just as determined to cast her mourning veil aside by hosting a party that will surely destroy both their reputations and expose all of his carefully kept secrets...

Leah George has carried the painful knowledge of her husband's affair for almost a year. All she wants now is to enjoy her independence and make a new life for herself-even if that means being ostracized by the Society whose rules she was raised to obey. Now that the rumors are flying, there's only one thing left for Sebastian to do: silence the scandal by enticing the improper widow into becoming a proper wife. But when it comes to matters of the heart, neither Sebastian nor Leah is prepared for the passion they discover in each other's arms....

My Review: 

This review is going to be fairly gushy. I apologize in advance. Really I do. Because it’s probably going to make you sick how much I loved this book.

Leah was one of the most amazing heroines I have ever come across in a romance novel. She was independent and free-thinking. I really admire the choices she made in her attempts to gain freedom. She really showed strength and chutzpah. Sebastian was also awesome. Has a hero named Sebastian ever not been awesome? I did want to smack him upside the head for how he treated Leah at times. But generally I did love him. He was just as damaged as Leah was by his wife’s infidelity with Leah’s husband.

I have to admit that I was expecting a lot from this book and my expectations were based almost solely on the awesomeness of that cover. I have said before that a cover has no bearing on my opinion but I have learned lately that I am often wrong. I am happy to say that Romancing the Countess has lived up to all of my expectations and then some. I loved the characters, the story, the writing and the amazing chemistry between Leah and Sebastian. I just bought the previous book, Seducing the Duchess, because it may sound even better than this one.

With this one book, Ashley March has launched onto my favorite authors list and I will be reading every book she writes.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this one too! I did a character interview with Sebastian and Ashley was wonderful! I can't wait to get my hands on another book by her.

    -Becks Book Picks



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio