Search Me!


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

imagePublisher: Scholastic Press 
ISBN: 0545123267
Pages: 400 pages
Genre: Young Adult/Paranormal Romance  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

My Review: 

I have read this book two times during previous readathons and have forgotten the book before I got a chance to write a review. Not this time, my friends.

I love Grace. And not only because we share a name. She is likeable and she is strong. She is not the type of girl to wait to be rescued, she takes care of it herself. I liked that. Sam is my favorite YA hero ever. He was so sweet and a bit emo but on him the emo is adorable not obnoxious. I love how Stiefvater portrayed their relationship. It was sweet and caring. They had a strong connection and a great chemistry. And, most importantly, it never went to that melodramatic place.

Shiver was one of my reading highlights of September simply because Maggie Stiefvater’s writing style is so spectacular. She writes these crazy beautiful sentences in such a simple and lyrical way. The language was simply beautiful as I have come to expect from Maggie Stiefvater’s books. I also really loved the version of shapeshifters in this series. It’s probably my favorite out of the many I have read so far. And I love shapeshifters and werewolves of all forms.

This is truly one of the best books I have read all year. It had me anxiously picking up the next book in the series and I may or may not have stayed up all night reading both Linger and Forever.


*This book has been provided by me for my own personal reading pleasure.  My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way. Any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the romance in this book! The fantasy aspects fell short for me though. Great review!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio