Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Review: Unleashed by Sara Humphreys

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
ISBN: 1402258437
Pages:320 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Shapeshifter  
Series: Amoveo Legend
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

What if you suddenly discovered your own powers were beyond anything you'd ever imagined...

Samantha Logan's childhood home had always been a haven, but everything changed while she was away. She has a gorgeous new neighbor, Malcolm, who introduces her to the amazing world of the dream-walking, shapeshifting Amoveo clans...but what leaves her reeling with disbelief is when he tells her she's one of them...

And shock turns to terror as Samantha falls prey to the deadly enemy determined to destroy the Amoveo, and the only chance she has to come into her true powers is to trust in Malcolm to show her the way...

Get swept away into Sara Humphreys's glorious world and breathtaking love story...

My Review: 

I have read many shapeshifter books. But I have never read one where the hero is not a wolf or similar creature and, considering how many I read, this is an achievement.

I loved Sam. First of all, I liked her immediately when she picked up on the one reason living in NYC frustrates me. Why do tourists stand in the middle of the sidewalk staring up at skyscrapers? Doesn’t it make their necks hurt? What is the purpose? Sorry, off track. I loved Sam because she was so normal. I feel like I could have met her in real life and I love heroines like that. I liked Malcolm as well but he did have the Edward Cullen Creepy Stalker Syndrome at first. But as the book went on, the creepy wore off and he became suave, mysterious and very sweet.

The Amoveos were definitely something I haven’t seen before. I say that very rarely because I have read many shapeshifter romances and seen them done so many ways. I love this world that Humphreys created and I would be completely willing to read many more books about it. I also loved that I was completely befuddled by who the bad guy was. I didn’t pick up on it at all and it surprised the hell out of me when it was revealed. Another rare accomplishment.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace,
    Thank you very, very much for writing up such a fantastic review of "Unleashed"! I've got a huge smile on my face right now :) I really hope other readers will try out my series! With folks like you spreading the word, it's a good bet that they will.
    All the Best,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio