Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Review: Whispers From the Heart by Heather Hummel

imagePublisher: PathBinder Publishing, LLC  
ISBN: 0983030839
Pages:250 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Kindle, Nook clip_image0013_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

Whispers: The heart’s way of speaking… Madison Ragnar is a high school English teacher determined to connect with her students, to finish the next running race with a respectable time, and to avoid ever falling in love again. But life has other plans for Madison. A man named Michael shows himself in the most unexpected places, raising questions from her best friend, Olivia, and issues around Madison’s last relationship. In the classroom, the death of a student prompts her grieving ninth graders to depend on her for answers. They turn to journal writing as a form of understanding the weight of what’s happened in the walls of their teenage existence. When Madison meets Phil, who throws a wrench in her declaration to not fall in love, it seems that her escape through miles of running is the only real footing she has in life. Will fate determine Madison’s life? Or will she have a say in its outcome?

My Review: 

This was the second book I picked up after I got my lovely little Nook—which is amazing by the way. I never knew you could read an ebook without waiting for 2 minutes for the next page to load. Anywho, I am not reviewing my Nook, I am reviewing this lovely book that I really enjoyed.

I really liked Madison. She was very easy to relate to and her story was very compelling. She is just coming off an abusive relationship and she is quite jaded about men and relationships. To add to that she is fearful of her ex following her to her new location and she also has a local stalker. Yeah, not exactly an optimum situation. I do have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with her romance storyline. I wanted her to end up with Phil and I felt that is what I was being primed for throughout the book. I did not expect her to end up with Michael, her stalker. I was flabbergasted. I can live with it but I am flabbergasted.

I really loved this book. I spent a good two hours staring at my Nook reading this book. I loved just about everything about the story. I love Madison. I loved watching Madison form close connections with her high school students and I liked the romance. The only thing I am a little iffy about is who Madison ended up with but I can live with it because the rest of this book was so good.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio