Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Review: The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Landmark  
ISBN: 1402258585
Pages: 448 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Time Travel  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb


Summary from publisher:

Acclaimed author Susanna Kearsley's previous works have won the RT Book Reviews Reviewers Choice Award, and finaled for both the UK Romantic Novel of the Year and the RITA awards. Eva Ward is a modern woman thrown back three centuries to 1715 only to find that might be exactly where she belongs. There she finds true love with Daniel Butler, but the discord surrounding Hanoverian King George plunges the lovers into a world of intrigue, treason, and love.

My Review: 

Susanna Kearsely is one of my favorite historical fiction writers. She always manages to write books that draw me in from the very first place. This one is no different and it just might be my favorite.

Eva was amazing. I very rarely like a heroine as much as I liked Eva. She was intelligent and had more common sense than most heroines I have come across. I loved her strength. She never let her grief for her sister or anything overwhelm her. Daniel was also quite amazing. He had amazing chemistry with Eva. I always tend to love smuggler heroes far more than I should. I loved watching how he dealt with the complete inconvenience of Eva’s time travel. I also loved the Mark/Felicity (even though at first I wanted him to end up with Eva) and Oliver/Eva secondary pairings.

I am a huge fan on books with a time travel plot. Outlander was my first, of course, but I have found so many others that do it just as well. This one included. I loved how the contemporary and historical melded together in this one. They balanced so well and I was equally interested in both time periods. I do have to admit to being slightly disappointed that Mark and Eva did not become involved at the start but once I met Daniel, I understood. 

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio