Search Me!


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Review: A Dash of Scandal by Amelia Grey

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
ISBN: 1402239793
Pages:304 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

When Millicent comes to the aid of her injured aunt, she never imagined her "help" would require her to do all of the legwork her aunt can't do– attend society's most fashionable events in order to help write her aunt's gossip column!

But the devastatingly handsome Chandler Preswick, Earl of Dunraven, is on to her when he sees Millicent writing notes on her dance card. Outraged, he believes she's connected to the mysterious "Mad Ton Thief " and vows to expose her. Millicent must stop him before they are both plunged into scandal. If only he weren't so irresistibly attractive...

My Review: 

I was really excited about this one. Amelia Grey is one of my favorites and this one just sounded so interesting. I definitely lived up to all of my expectations.

I was quite unsure what to do with a gossip columnist heroine. They tend to be quite dastardly in real life but Millicent was likeable to the extreme. She was rather forced into her job as a gossip columnist and she was borderline hilarious at times. Chandler was one of her main subjects. He also believed her to be a notorious thief because he often found her lurking in corners and writing notes on her dance card. Logical connection, right?

This book manages to do so much in a relatively short time and everything works. The chemistry between Chandler and Millicent was great. They had this Lucy and Ricky type of humor that I really loved. They often had me chuckling. The mystery was also interesting and well-drawn. It almost reminded me of a Georgette Heyer book. It was lighthearted with a touch of romance and mystery.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio