Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Review: Deadman’s Blood by T. Lynne Tolles

imagePublisher: CreateSpace 
ISBN: 1461170486
Pages:398 pages
Genre: YA/Paranormal    
Series: Blood 1,2,3,4,
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Smashwords, Nookclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

As the dust settles from the destruction of the Bloodstone Heart, a small scroll that had been hidden in the hearth of the altar room for hundreds of years, reveals a prophecy that seems to be about the Larsen family. While the group tries to unravel the riddles of the prophecy they also start to notice they've acquired some interesting new powers from the Bloodstone itself, some of which are going to take some getting use to.

Darby and Devon head to Ireland to set up house and get ready for their impending nuptials when Darby is asked to help cure the Summer Queen of the Everworld or the delicate balance of power between the Seelie and Unseelie courts will topple throwing the planet into a deadly ice age.

While at home, things take a turn for the worse when there's a tragic airplane crash, the Larsen vampires start dropping like flies, Bernard goes missing, and all the bad deeds dealt seem to point towards one person - the Dark Angel. What's so important about the altar room? Why are people dying in the name of this prophecy? Will the Larsen's survive these new tragedies? These questions and other deep seated secrets will be revealed in this final installment of the Blood Series.

My Review: 


I intended to have this review posted early this morning but you know things never work out the way we plan. I woke up in excruciating pain---kidney stone. Ugh. I’ve just removed myself from the fetal position and am feeling much better.

I read Bloodstone Heart in October and loved it. I was excited to start reading this one on my lovely Nook. I was thrilled at how well this one flowed from the previous book. There was no choppiness in the transition from the previous book. I especially loved the parts with Devon and Darby in Ireland. It was really light and fun in comparison to the darkness that was going on in the States. I am also quite obsessed with Ireland so it was very nice to see.

I was completely engrossed in this story especially in continuing on with the series from the previous book. I thought that all of the characters were represented well. I did think that if I had taken a break between Bloodstone Heart and this one, I would have had trouble keeping track of the multiple storylines. I also really wish there was more of Devon and Darby’s time in Ireland. It was my favorite part of the book and I just wish there was more of it.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio