Search Me!


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review: The Highlander’s Heart by Amanda Forester

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
ISBN: 1402253044
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Highlander 
Series: Highlander(1)    
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Fleeing into the wilderness to escape an abusive marriage, Lady Isabelle Tynsdale would sooner face down a wild boar than spend another night with her wretched husband. Battered by the elements, desperate to elude a band of attackers, and defending herself against, as fate would have it, a wild boar she is rescued by the handsome Laird David Campbell.

Campbell knows holding Isabelle captive for ransom is his best chance to temper the storm threatening to destroy his clan. The ransom of an English countess should be more than enough to pay off his debts to England and save him from an unwanted marriage. But Isabelle didn't escape her husband just to become another man's captive and Laird Campbell is seriously misguided if he thinks she's going to go quietly.

My Review: 

I've come to the conclusion that if there's a man in a kilt on the cover, I am reading the book.  That's just the way I work.  Highlanders are one of my weaknesses.  I make no apologies.

Isabelle was one of those troublesome heroines.  Not because I didn't like her but this poor girl constantly got herself into trouble, peril and mayhem.  I couldn't decide issues brave or crazy.  But I liked her anyway.  She had spirit and courage.  Now, David was awesome.  I have to admit to a bit of a crush on David.  Who wouldn't?  The man is strong, brave and kilted.  He has to be one of my favorite heroes in a very long time.

The chemistry between Isabelle and David was off the fricken chart.  Even though she spent the majority of the book married and he was engaged to two women, their chemistry she was beyond intense.  That sounds strange to say but so true.  Isabelle had me laughing with all of her schemes and the various ways she failed at her schemes.  I can't wait for the next book One True Highland Spirit.  It sounds just as good as this one.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio