Search Me!


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Review: Lady Sophie’s Christmas Wish by Grace Burrowes

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
ISBN: 1402261543
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency  
Series: The Duke’s Daughters-1; Windham-1,2,3 (Tk) 
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

All she wants is peace and anonymity...
Lady Sophie Windham has maneuvered a few days to herself at the ducal mansion in London before she must join her family for Christmas in Kent. Suddenly trapped by a London snowstorm, she finds herself with an abandoned baby and only the assistance of a kind, handsome stranger standing between her and complete disaster.

But Sophie's holiday is about to heat up...
With his estate in ruins, Vim Charpentier sees little to feel festive about this Christmas. His growing attraction for Sophie Windham is the only thing that warms his spirits-but when Sophie's brothers whisk her away, Vim's most painful holiday memories are reawakened.

It seems Sophie's been keeping secrets, and now it will take much more than a mistletoe kiss to make her deepest wishes come true...

My Review: 

I have read the previous books in this series and I have loved both of them. I was hoping for more of them same with this one.

I really loved Sophie. She reacted to the presence of a baby much like I do---with fear, bafflement and trepidation. Although she seemed to get over it much quicker than I ever will. Vim was the much more male, less prim, and handsomer version of Mary Poppins. I thought it was so interesting that he acted like Sophie’s guide in the world of bringing up baby. I did expect him to be a bit gruffer and more rakish but I have never encountered a sweeter hero. He proved the theory than a man with a baby is irresistible.

For such a sweet story, the chemistry between Sophie and Vim was intense. Truly it was some of the best chemistry between a main couple that I’ve seen since Never A Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer. I was a bit wary because I am not a baby or Christmas person but this worked so well and Kit was adorable. I also liked that the Christmas theme was tastefully done. It wasn’t all Christmas cheer and shiny happy moments but the theme was definitely there.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio