Search Me!


Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Miss Darcy Falls in Love by Sharon Lathan

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Landmark  
ISBN: 1402259042
Pages: 304 pages
Genre: Jane Austen Sequel/Pride and Prejudice  
Series: The Darcy Saga (1,2,3,4,5,6)    
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Hugely successful bestselling author (over 95,000 copies sold through) of sensual, romantic Pride and Prejudice continuations explores unusual aspects of the Regency world, this time following Mr. Darcy's younger sister into the world of classical music.

Noble young ladies were expected to play an instrument, but societal restrictions would have chafed for Georgiana Darcy, an accomplished musician. Her tour of Europe draws the reader into the musical life of the day, and a riveting love story of a young woman learning to direct her destiny and understand her own heart.

My Review: 

Georgiana Darcy has always had one of my favorite characters From Pride And Prejudice.  That's probably a bit unusual because she's not exactly one of the most vocal characters.  I guess the best that you can say about her is that she has potential and Sharon Lathan explores that potential in Miss Darcy Falls in Love.

I love books about Georgiana.  She plays such a pivotal role in Pride and Prejudice but we know so little about her.  We basically only know that she's really really shy, she loves her brother, and she was hoodwinked by the nefarious Mr.Wickham.  I search out books about her.  I may be the only person who does this but I just love her so much.  I mostly a ship her with Colonel Fitzwilliam but Georgiana was great in this one.  She was so well developed.  She had some of this same characteristics that I loved in Pride and Prejudice --her sweetness and shyness --but she was also much spunkier and much more independent.  I love how Lathan transformed Georgiana in simple ways but still was able to capture the character that I loved from Pride and Prejudice.

Now, we can't simply talk about Georgiana.  We also have to talk about Sebastian.  I have come to the conclusion that if a character is named Sebastian, he is automatically awesome.  That is very much true here.  Even though I am loath to admit it, Sebastian is the perfect hero for Georgiana.  He is musically inclined and charming.  I know I said that I love her with Colonel Fitzwilliam but Sebastian kind of change my mind.  Not completely but still, it worked in this book.

First of all, I loved how this book is organized.  It was so perfect for Georgiana  and the perfect reflection of her talents and character (as well as Sebastian's).  The writing was great and the story progressed nicely --even though the language does get a bit flowery here and there.  But the book was so good that it didn't catch my notice very often.  I also did miss the presence of other Pride and Prejudice characters.  I always like for there to be cameos but there weren't that many here.  Again, I didn't mind it so much because the book was generally awesome. 

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.


  1. Thank you, Grace, for the lovely review. I am sharing this with everyone! Mostly I am simply thrilled that you enjoyed reading about a character you loved. And you are SO right about characters named Sebastian!

    Sincerely, Sharon Lathan

  2. Sounds like a great book. I love reading about Georgiana too. I am adding this one to my TBR list!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio