Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: Mr. Darcy’s Undoing by Abigail Reynolds

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Landmark 
ISBN: 1402240945
Pages:352 pages
Genre: Jane Austen Adaptation  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

A passionate new Pride and Prejudice variation explores the unthinkable-Elizabeth accepts the proposal of a childhood friend before she meets Darcy again. When their paths cross, the devastated Mr. Darcy must decide how far he'll go to win the woman he loves. How can a man who prides himself on his honor ask the woman he loves to do something scandalous? And how can Elizabeth accept a loveless marriage when Mr. Darcy holds the key to her heart? As they confront family opposition and the ill-will of scandal-mongers, will Elizabeth prove to be Mr. Darcy's undoing?

My Review: 

I have loved Abigail Reynolds’ Jane Austen sequels and adaptations since I read my first one many moons ago. I was expecting the same level of awesome with this one.

I knew this one was going to be a bit difficult for me. I have trouble with Lizzy being engaged or in a relationship with anyone other than Darcy. I seem to handle it better when it is Darcy that is with the other person. I was pleased the Mr. Covington was generally a good dude and not much of a threat. He did serve the purpose of a good kick in the pants for Darcy though. I did love Jealous Darcy. I don’t think I have ever come across him before and I have decided that I quite like him and want to see more of him.

This one may be my favorite out of all the Abigail Reynolds’ books I have read. I loved the concept. As much as I enjoy watching Lizzy get jealous as Darcy tries to marry someone else, it was somehow refreshing to read the reverse. It is also always very interesting to see third parties introduced into the story we know and love. Perhaps my favorite part of the story aside from Lizzy and Darcy was the Bennet family. Particularly Jane and Mrs. Bennet. Jane was uber-protective over Lizzy. She was like a mama bear. And Mrs. Bennet was at her best at being her crazy self. I love it so much when authors get her right without making her seem cartoonish and Abigail Reynolds definitely accomplished that.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about Mr Darcy. Thanks for the review, adding this one to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio