Search Me!


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Review: Tall, Dark and Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
ISBN: 1402251440
Pages:376 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Western  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

In the wake of a nasty divorce, Lacey Bradford heads for Wyoming where she's sure her old friend will take her in. But her high school pal Chase Caldwell is no longer the gangly boy who would follow her anywhere. For one thing, he's now incredibly buff and handsome, but that's not all that's changed...
Chase has been through tough times and is less than thrilled to see the girl who once broke his heart. But try as he might to resist her, while Lacey's putting her life back together, he's finding new ways to be a part of it.

My Review: 

Joanne Kennedy is one of my favorite western romance authors.  She always writes the best cowboys and the most likable heroines.  This so was no different.

I kinda wavered with Lacey.  I thought that it was very presumptive of her to expect Chase to take care of her after so many years.  I mean, who does that?  She seemed very self centered.  But I think in her desperation, she gets a pass.  I absolutely love Chase.  I love that he didn't immediately become a patsy for Lacey.  He gave her a good fight before he gave in.  I think I would've lost some respect for him if he immediately forgave Lacey everything.

This was the reverse of so many stories I've read before -the requited high school crush.  Usually it's the girl panting after the boy.  I like that it was Chase who had a crush on Lacey.  I like that Kennedy added a bit of mystery and action to spice up the plot.  I'm also a big fan of novels where animals play a significant role and they definitely did in this one.  I, however, felt that the chemistry between Chase and Lacey was a bit lacking at times.  I did like them but sometimes I just didn't feel the connection.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio