Search Me!


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Review: Utterly Charming by Kristine Grayson

image5Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca  
ISBN: 1402248512
Pages: 320 pages
Genre: Romance/Fairy Tale  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:
Bestselling author Kristine Grayson's fairy tale romances bring the classic stories into the present day, where fairy tale characters must grapple with the complexities of modern life as well as their own destinies.
This time when Sleeping Beauty wakes up, she wants nothing to do with the man who kissed her. Consoling Alex Blackstone, the rejected suitor who is a brilliant magician but inept when it comes to women, falls to modern career woman and lawyer, Nora Barr. Nora now has to deal with Beauty's evil stepmother, and the discovery that Alex just might be her own personal Prince Charming...

My Review: 
I really loved Wickedly Charming.  It was one of my favorite reads of the summer.  I've always liked the baddie characters much better than the good guys.  I always thought that there was something wrong with me.  Turns out I'm not so abnormal. I was really looking forward to this one.

Nora was a great heroine.  I loved her.  She spent much of the book trying to fight her attraction to Alex.  Quite rightly.  He was a bit of a putz.  I am almost hoped that should find someone better.  Alex AKA “the putz” was blindly obsessed with Emma AKA Sleeping Beauty.  How does one maintain an obsession with a woman in a coma?  Is it a special talent?  Does he have pretend conversations with her?  He just got on my nerves.  He had his awesome woman in front of him but fawned over the comatose one.  It made no sense at all.

I have to admit that I had a bit of trouble with this one.  Not because it wasn't good but because I wanted to give a hero a hearty slap.  There just some heroes that are begging for it.  Alex is one of them.  He only came to his senses close to the end of the book.  Nora was what saved it for me.  She was one kickass heroine.  Grayson does a great job of recreating a fairy tale that we all know and love and making it completely new again.  Despite my issues with the hero, I could not put this book down while I was reading it.

I'm really looking forward to Grayson's next book in this series.  I really hope the next book is about Bluebeard.  He was my favorite character from the first book.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio