Search Me!


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review: The Virtuoso by Grace Burrowes

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
Pages:416 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency  
Series: Windham-1,2 
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

The highly praised trilogy of Regency romances by award-winning author Grace Burrowes concludes with gifted pianist Valentine Windham, youngest son of the Duke of Moreland. Val retreats to the country after an injury robs him of his musical ability, only to learn from impoverished widow Ellen Markham that he can be loved even when his music falls silent.

My Review: 

I read the previous books in this series and was looking forward to Val's story from the beginning.  He was always my favorite of the brothers.  The Virtuoso definitely lived up to expectations.

I really liked Ellen quite a bit.  I can totally identify with her desire to stay alone and her cottage for the rest of her life.  I often have that desire myself.  Even though I don't have a cottage.  She also had reasons for it, I don't.  I loved Val.  He was such a sweet guy.  I have a special place in my heart for injured heroes.  But Val was special.  He never went to that whiny or uber-damaged place that some injured heroes find themselves in but he tried to distract himself with work (somewhat foolishly).

The chemistry between Ellen and Val the some of the most intense I've seen in years.  Honestly.  It was magnetic.  Also, The Virtuoso happens to have one of the best love scenes I've ever read... and I've read a lot.  Burrowes really knows how to build chemistry and relationships between her characters and maintain a good sound plot.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio