Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Review: Wishless by Louise Caiola

imagePublisher: L & L Dreamspell 
ISBN: 1603183205
Pages:220 pages
Genre: YA/Contemporary  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

Can strangers become sisters, a long-lost father become a dad, and can love really conquer all? The challenge is extreme-the stakes have never been higher. The fortune cookies tease her: You will lead a long and happy life. Those dumb things are never right.

Chessie Madrid wants to fall in love, she wants to fly airplanes, and most of all she wants to live longer than 6752 days. With a fatal disease camped inside of her wreaking havoc since she turned sixteen, the doctor's predictions are far more sinister. Preparing for death is a total drag.

Instead, Chessie makes a list of her deepest desires, keeping her impending demise a secret, and being pretend-well. When the list suddenly starts to come true, sending Chessie's life and everything in it reeling, it's a case of being careless what you wish for.

With a new sister she's always dreamed of, a father who's a nightmare, and a lesson in love arriving all at once, Chessie makes her last wish the one that will matter most of all-to live or die trying.

My Review: 

I am a habitual avoider of books that will make me cry. I don’t like them and I don’t read them. But sometimes, I come across one that sounds so good that I can’t resist the book in spit of the impending sobfest. Wishless was one of those that I could not resist.

Chessie was one of those very likeable heroines that you just wanted to cheer for and protect from any possible harm. She did do things that made me want to shake her in frustration. She just sometimes had no sense. Like with Johnny. No sense. She did not care that he had a girlfriend and he plainly did not love her. That’s just dirty and not something I expected from a character I really liked.

Aside from that, I really liked everything about this book. I thought Chessie was a great character. It was easy to empathize with her. I thought she was such an interesting character in that even though she did some things that I just did not like, I still liked her as a character. I also do have to admit that I did tear up during this book and not always because the book was sad. I don’t often like to admit that I cried during a book but I did with this one.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio