Search Me!


Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: Demons Like It Hot by Sidney Ayers

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Demons  
Series: Demons Unleashed-1 
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Serah SanGermano runs a successful catering company in a Midwestern town. After she inadvertently helped her friend unleash a legion of demons, she's been trying to hide her own newly discovered powers. Matthias Ambrose, a mysterious demon mercenary sent to protect her, has his own secret— one that will embroil them both in the scandal from hell.

My Review: 

Okay, so I'm not the biggest fan of demons but I love Sidney Ayers and I loved Demons Prefer Blondes.  I was looking forward to this one because it looked even better.

Serah was amazing.  I love that she was a real Italian chick.  I haven't read many where the heroine who happened to be Italian wasn't besieged by a crazy Italian family or mired in evil evil mob drama. It's nice to see a normal Italian girl because we really exist without a crazy family and without mob connections.  Serah was oh so normal and wicked funny. I hate to say it…  but Matthias, our hero, had the Edward Cullen complex.  The " I love you and you let me but we can't be together because there is something tragically wrong with me needed are better. * weeps tragically *." Does that explain it?  On Edward, it was broody and a obnoxious but on Matthias it was sexy and intriguing.  Matthias also happened to be a mercenary.  Who doesn't love a good mercenary hero?

The chemistry between Serah and Matthias was amazing.  The book was humorous but to sexual tension and chemistry between Matthias and Serah was intense.  I usually don't expect to find that level of intensity in a book that I also find funny but I did here.  Serah was one of the most funny characters I've ever come across.  She was so sarcastic and whip smart.  This one lived up to every single one of my expectations and more.  I really can't wait for the next book in this series.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio