Search Me!


Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Events (December 9th)

  This week's question is:

Q: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

I'm going to be very predictable and say that the book I think everyone should read and that I would buy for my friends and family is Anne of Green Gables.  I know...  I say that for everything.  But I think everyone needs a bit of Anne.  She has always made me happy when I feel sad so I expect her to do the same for everyone else.  I had given the Anne of Green Gables series as a gift many times and it's always a hit.  I've never met a sane person who doesn't love Anne.

Book Blogger Hop

                                               This weeks post.

To be posted



Book to Movie: Which book turn movie do you feel did the best adaptation? What about the worst?

Holy Lord!  I'll always answered this question the same way…  The 1995 Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice if the absolute best book to film ever.  I don't care how many adaptations are made this one will always be the best.  It captured the book, capture the characters, and it captured the humor of the book perfectly.  I've watched the 2005 version many times and it just didn't work for me. Keira Knightley was not Lizzy --even though I love her --and Matthew Macfadyen was a mediocre Darcy --even though I loved him in Little Dorrit.  But yet that wasn't the worst.  The worst book to film adaptation I've ever seen was the third film in the Anne of Green Gables series.  What were they thinking when they made that?  It's like they mashed Rilla of Ingleside into Anne's story and thought that it would actually work.  It didn't.  It was terrible.  It required a complete suspension of reality and in spite of Gilbert's prettiness, I was unable to do it.  I donated my DVD and for me, the TV film series ended with the second movie.


  1. I loved Anne of Green Gables. I'm a new follower.

  2. Hopping through. I love Anne of Green Gables. And I love the movie - except for the third one. Ugh.
    My Hop

  3. I haven't thought about Anne of Green Gables in awhile. Great choice.
    New GFC follower from FF.
    My Follow Friday

  4. Oh, I had Anne at home. It borrowed the book from library but then just couldn't get myself to actually read it, so I gave it back. Now I really have to give it another shot.

    New Follower, your blog looks wonderful!

  5. I've never read Anne of Green Gables, but people seem to love it. :)

  6. I promised a couple of fellow book bloggers I wouldn’t “machine gun” my Follow Friday posts on the blogs I visit but this week’s Follow Friday has inspired me to make an important exception.

    The book I think everyone should read is a work of non-fiction called The Four Hour Workweek. The thing is, the book is very well written and entertaining so it reads like a work of fiction. What the book can do to enhance your life and change the way you live day by day seems unbelievable on its face which might mark it a legitimate work of fiction for the skeptics out there.

    If you read this work of non-fiction and really follow the advice it gives and apply the insights you’ll gain, your life will read like a modern tale fairytale.

    I encourage, implore and even insist you follow me back to my book blog so you can find out why I think EVERYONE should read The Four Hour Workweek –


    Howard Sherman

  7. Aah, I loved Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice!:) I've watched that movie so many times with my mom:P

    New follower from FF:)
    Nina at Lost in the Pages

  8. YESYESYES to BBC P&P! I can't even begin to think how many hours I've spent watching this over and over and over again! It's PERFECT. Everyone in it perfect. Colin Firth as Darcy is. just. oh. my. goodness. swoon.

    I watch the movie with stick-insect Knightly occassionally for a fix, but it can't hold a candle to the PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT BBC version. FABULOUS pick!

    And I don't think a classic is predicatble--it's perfect. They're classics for a reason :)



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio