Search Me!


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review: Wild Thing by Robin Kaye

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary  
Series: Domestic Gods-1,2,3,4 
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Whitewater-rafting guide Hunter Kincaid lands his dream job–guiding sportswear models through Idaho's rugged wilderness for a photo shoot. When he meets Toni Russo, the goth New York manager of Action Models, there are enough sparks to set the forest ablaze.

When Hunter finds Toni's book on how to marry the man of your choice, he studies it as a joke. Before long Hunter realizes he's never cared enough for a woman to bother working this hard to get her. But the last man in the world this city girl wants is a Survivor Man wannabe...

My Review: 

I've loved all of Robin Kayes' previous books.  In fact, the Domestic Gods is one of my favorite contemporary romance series that I've read in the last year.  I was very excited about this one.

I do have to admit but I had some trouble with Toni in the beginning.  I always have trouble with adult heroines who act and/or dress like a teenager.  I stopped shopping at Hot Topic for the bulk of my wardrobe when I was 16 and so should most people, in my opinion.  I get why she dressed like that but, at first, it definitely took me out of the story a little bit.  After a while, I did grow to like her.  The real gem in this book was Hunter.  For a very indoors girl, I have a very big love for outdoorsy heroes.  Hunter was perfect.  He was kind, charming and dependable and more than made up the difficult time I had with Toni.

Even though I initially had trouble liking Toni, the chemistry between Hunter and Toni converted me.  The chemistry was intense and wrought with tension.  It really transformed the way I thought about Toni and made me like her a bit more.  I don't think I would like Toni as much if she was paired away if any hero other than Hunter.  I was very surprised that the element I love the most about this book was the element that would scare me the most in real life --the outdoors.  I really love the outdoorsy nature of this book.  The environment was so well drawn and it really gave an interesting character to the book.

I'm a big fan of Robin Kaye and I can't wait for the next book.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.


  1. Hi Grace - I'm so glad you enjoyed Wild Thing! Thanks for the wonderful review. Fisher's book, Call Me Wild should be out in August or September--I hope you like it!

  2. Sounds like a great book!

    And by the way, I found your blog through the Blogaholic Social Network listing and now I'm a follower.

    Feel free to stop by my review blog at I review cozy mysteries.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio