Reviews Posted this week:
Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?
Hmm. I hate to say it but there are many that I avoid like the fricken plague. The list is so big that a corresponding bulleted list is necessary:
- Political books-especially ones related to conservative politics. It does nothing but make me mad and I don’t want to be mad.
- Religious books-I am not religious. At all. So there really is no purpose in me reading a religious book other than to put me to sleep.
- Self Help-I don’t need someone I don’t know telling me what to do with my life. Plus all the hokey language makes me cringe.
- Celebrity books (both fiction and non-fiction)-If Snookie can “write” a book, anyone can. Nothing good can come of these people writing books and there are few celebrities that I care enough about to read books written by them. Maybe if Jennifer Aniston wrote a book. Maybe. If I was having a slow reading week.
- Science Fiction-I tried and I hated it. My brain just doesn’t work that way.
- Fantasy-Same. My ex tried to get me to read LOTR and I had to give up. I felt like a failure for weeks.
- Tearjerkers for no point other than to be a tearjerker…mainly Nicholas Sparks. I can’t deal with them.
I think that’s it! I’ll probably think of more later.