Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review: Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas

imagePublisher: St. Martin's Griffin  
ISBN:0312605889 
Pages:336 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Fantasy/Magic  
Series-Friday Harbor 1 
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:
Lucy Marinn is a glass artist living in mystical, beautiful, Friday Harbor, Washington.  She is stunned and blindsided by the most bitter kind of betrayal:  her fiancĂ© Kevin has left her.  His new lover is Lucy’s own sister.   Lucy's bitterness over being dumped is multiplied by the fact that she has constantly made the wrong choices in her romantic life.   Facing the severe disapproval of Lucy's parents, Kevin asks his friend Sam Nolan, a local vineyard owner on San Juan Island, to "romance" Lucy and hopefully loosen her up and get her over her anger. Complications ensue when Sam and Lucy begin to fall in love, Kevin has second thoughts, and Lucy discovers that the new relationship in her life began under false pretenses. Questions about love, loyalty, old patterns, mistakes, and new beginnings are explored as Lucy learns that some things in life—even after being broken—can be made into something new and beautiful.


My Review: 

I am not going to lie, Lisa Kleypas is my favorite romance author. She is the one I compare every other author to. If they can live up to the example set by Lisa, they must be good. I was lucky enough to be selected as one of Lisa’s Divas and even luckier to be selected to receive a copy of Rainshadow Road. I admit, I happy danced. It’s been on my wish list and it lived up to every expectation.

Lisa is the absolute best at creating a heroine that the reader can both like and identify with. I loved Lucy. I was protective of her because her family was terrible and I absolutely loved her banter with Sam. Sam was simply an amazing hero. Even with his commitment phobia and his reasons for getting involved with Lucy, I couldn’t help but love him. He was sweet, funny yet, at the same time, the typical hard to figure out hero that I love.

Lisa Kleypas is a genius at creating a believable romance story about a couple that had both intense chemistry and easy likeability. Seriously, she is the best. I keep trying to find better but very few can compare. I will always prefer her historical romances because they are just soo good but if Lisa continues to write amazing contemporaries like this one, I will be a very happy girl. I also really loved the addition of magic even though I really did not get it until close to the middle of the book. It really added something different to the plot.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said. I love Lisa's books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome. I am planning on marathon reading them next month.

      Delete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio