Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Silver-Tongued Devil by Jennifer Blake

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks, Incorporated   
ISBN:1402238509 
Pages:320 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/American  
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb


Summary from publisher:

Angelica Carew awakens after a boating accident to find herself married to her rescuer. Renold Harden is the stepson of the man who lost his Louisiana plantation to her gambler father and is bent on revenge. Angelica begins as a pawn in Renold's vengeful plans, until he discovers her hidden depths...


My Review: 

Jennifer Blake is one of my favorites. She is. I will always read her books when I get the opportunity. So, really, I am a little perplexed as to how this one found it way into the muddle that is my bookshelf to be forgotten till now. But nevertheless it has been read, albeit a bit late, and it has been enjoyed quite thoroughly.

Renold is possibly one of my favorite heroes. He is bad. He’s not nice. He uses Angelica as a pawn. He’s a bit of a sneaky snake. Yes yes, in real life that’s not so good but, at least for me, in a hero it’s a big bunch of wonderful. Angelica started out a bit weak and wimpy but, she grew in strength as the book went on. They both change each other and that is lovely to see because they both really needed it at the start of the book.

There is one thing I really love about Jennifer Blake’s books and that is her use of historical detail. She never skimps on it and sometimes she even overwhelms you with it. The history geek in me loves that. But I also love how the historic detail never inhibits the story or the development of her characters. I think this one is my favorite of all of the Jennifer Blake books I have read but I do wish it was a bit more bodice-rippy but other than that, I loved it.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio