Search Me!


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Review: Sins of the Highlander by Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca  
Pages:368 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Highlander  
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:
Even with her gift of the Sight, never had Elspeth Stewart imagined her wedding would be interrupted by a dark-haired stranger charging in on a black stallion, scooping her into his arms, and carrying her off across the wild Scottish highlands. With two clans against them burning for battle, they must find a way to join together—body, breath, and soul. Or both will be made to pay for the Sins of the Highlander.

My Review: 

Connie Mason is one of those authors that I would love if I ever read them but have strangely never picked up a book by. I do have many of her books on my romance shelf but have never read any of them…until now that is because I really loved this one.

Elspeth was one of those characters that you waver between mild dislike and borderline like. She tended to do things that made me want to strangle her. But for most of the book I really loved her strength and found her to be quite the charming heroine. Rob was just as awesome…maybe a little more. He was not really “mad” but terribly grief stricken. And we all know how great a grief stricken hero is. I loved Rob. He was the right mix of vulnerability and strength.

I absolutely loved the chemistry between Elspeth and Rob. It was intense and there was this great push/pull type of tension between them. I especially loved the jealousy over Fiona, Rob’s dead wife. It brought me to tears in some places. And tears don’t come so easy to me.  I also loved the kidnapping plot. Whenever a bride gets stolen by a Highlander on her wedding day, I know the book is going to be good—and this one definitely was.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio