Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, January 16, 2012

Review: Wandering Stars by Marlon Pierre-Antoine

imagePublisher: World Castle Publishing  
ISBN:0312605889 
Pages:230 pages
Genre: Young Adult/Paranormal  
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

Alice Valdez is a normal seventeen year old girl living a mundane post high school life that consists of work, sleep, hanging out, and more work - but it all changes when a chance encounter on the beach one night leads to a series of haunting dreams that bring her face to face with the most ancient evil the Universe has ever known.
What do you do when the man you care for is none other than the Devil himself? Wandering Stars follows one girl's journey into the arms of darkness and into Hell itself - all in the name of love.


My Review: 

I haven’t broken out my Nook in a while so I was very happy to do so with this one. It sounded like just the perfect book for me as I have found myself reading more and more romance and neglecting my YA reading.

First of all, I loved the premise of Wandering Stars. A girl falls in love with the Devil himself. Immediate win. I mean, he’s the ultimate bad guy and I always like the bad guy. I liked Alice quite a bit. She was quiet, smart and was generally a very likeable character. I did, however, not like that when she fell in love with Lucas everything about her became consumed by him. I did love Lucas as I knew I would. He’s quite mysterious (you know as the Devil usually is) and professes himself to be evil(he’s really not) but he is also very sweet and kind. 

I was expecting so much from this one when I started reading. I had been looking forward to it. I mean it had to be borderline perfect considering that the main dude was the Devil. I love saying that I am right and I was definitely right about this one. I did love most aspects of this book. I was sucked into this story from the very beginning. I stayed up until way past my 3am bedtime reading this book with a flashlight. I loved the chemistry between Alice and Lucas—and I genuinely cared about both characters. I also loved how we got point of views from Lucas and Leo as well as Alice. The extra POVs definitely enhanced my enjoyment of the story.

By the way, if there isn’t a sequel coming in the soontime, I might have a rage moment.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

2 comments:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio