Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Warrior’s Redemption by Melissa Mayhue

imagePublisher: Pocket Star  
ISBN:1451640870 
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Fantasy/Highlander/Time Travel  
Series-Warrior
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:
Will the magic of modern romance help him defeat an evil ancient power?
MALCOLM MACDOWYLT sees himself a failed warrior, haunted by the death of the woman he married to become laird of Clan MacGahan. Neither his Viking heritage nor his claim to descend from Norse gods can restore his confidence in his ability to protect his people. His sister is held captive, her life in jeopardy, and his Magically powerful half brother wants him dead. The last thing he needs is more responsibility, but that's exactly what he gets when his Faerie mother-in-law arrives seeking justice for her daughter in the form of an enticing woman from seven hundred years in the future.
DANIELLE DEARMON has waited fifteen years to discover the life she is supposed to live. She just never dreamed she'd end up in the thirteenth century with a handsome Scot bent on saving everyone but himself.
With the lives of those most dear to him hanging in the balance, Malcolm sets out to battle a powerful evil Magic, only to learn that the redemption he seeks exists only in the arms of the woman he loves.

My Review: 
Melissa Mayhue is one of my favorite Highlander romance authors. I also happen to love time travel romance so I was very excited for this one.

I really liked Dani. I am often a bit skeptical about how in time travel romances, the heroines are always so quick to adapt to life in the past but I really liked how Dani’s adjustment to the past was as realistic as a completely unrealistic situation could possibly be—if a bit too short. Malcolm is the typical Highlander laird hero. He was strong, protective and, of course, stubborn and hard-headed. All things I love in Highlander heroes.

Fairies are usually an either “I love them” or “I hate them” kind of a thing with me. This one was an “I love them”. They were perfectly integrated to the plot and they were quite interesting. The chemistry between Malcolm and Dani was also really great. I loved the angsty moments when Dani thought that Malcolm would have to marry another woman. I do wish that the period of adjustment to the past would have been a bit more difficult for Dani. It may be too much to ask for in an already packed plot but I like the details. 
Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio