Search Me!


Monday, February 13, 2012

Review: Deliver Me From Darkness by Tes Hilaire

imagePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca  
Pages:352 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Angels  
Series-Paladin Warriors 1 
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:


He had once been a warrior of the Light, one of the revered Paladin. A protector. But now he lives in darkness, and the shadows are his sanctuary. Every day is a struggle to overcome the bloodlust. Especially the day Karissa shows up at his doorstep.


She is light and bright and everything beautiful--despite her scratches and torn clothes. Every creature of the night is after her. So is every male Paladin. Because Karissa is the last female of their kind. But she is his. He may not have a soul, but he can't deny his heart.

My Review: 

I made the epic mistake of reading this right after I finished Kiss of Darkness. I experienced a bit of paranormal romance overload. It didn’t hinder my enjoyment of the book but it did give me one huge case of “Why do I do this to myself?” because both books kind of melded into one big pile of awesome.

I really freaking loved Roland. He was a bit tortured and a bit broken. Even though it makes me sound very bad, it’s something I really like in a hero. He did have a bit of the Edward Cullen complex (I love you but I am not good enough for you because I am so tortured a broody). I did have a bit of trouble with Karissa. At times I just wanted to punch her. And I am not a very violent person most of the time. She was just so blockheaded and high and mighty. She was, quite frankly, mean to Roland and treated him like crap for most of the book. The only thing that redeemed her for me was her strong personality.

I usually need to like at least one of the main characters in order for me to connect with a book. My enjoyment of this book hinged on my love for Roland and the Paladin plot. I loved Roland so intensely that he is on my “Hero Crush” list on Goodreads. I would have read a book just about him without any romance. Just him. Alone. He could even be doing something so mundane as knitting a sweater or making a sandwich. I also loved the whole Paladin and vampire plot. It worked so well and was so very interesting. I really cannot wait for the next book to see where this goes.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio