Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Review: King of Darkness by Elisabeth Staab

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca  
ISBN:1402263155 
Pages:352 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Vampires  
Series-Chronicles of Yavn 1 
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

ETERNAL COMMITMENT IS NOT ON HER AGENDA...

Scorned by the vampire community for her lack of power, Isabel Anthony lives a carefree existence masquerading as human--although drifting through the debauched human nightlife, she prefers the patrons' blood to other indulgences. But when she meets the sexy, arrogant king of the vampires, this party-girl's life turns dark and dangerous.

BUT TIME'S RUNNING OUT FOR THE KING OF THE VAMPIRES...

Dead-set on finding the prophesied mate who will unlock his fiery powers, Thad Morgan must find his queen before their race is destroyed. Their enemies are gaining ground, and Thad needs his powers to unite his subjects. But when his search leads him to the defiant Isabel, he wonders if fate had gotten it seriously wrong...


My Review: 

I have not been in the mood for vampires lately. Actually, I have had a real aversion to them since I overloaded myself with vampy romances in the summer. But for some reason, I really loved this one.

Isabel was a party girl. Normally, that doesn’t work very well for me because I just don’t get it but I really liked Isabel. She was strong and smart and very easy for this emphatically not party girl to like. I was so happy that Isabel was not at all flakey or ditzy but quite witty and smart. The only thing negative I can say about Thad, our hero, is that I hate his name. That’s it. When that is all you can say that you don’t like about a here, you’ve probably found a very good hero. He was your typical alpha male hero with all the protective and macho tendencies that I love.

King of Darkness was one of those surprise good books that smack you right in the face with their awesomeness. Even the stuff I do not normally like in other books—the party girl heroine and the jumping into bed immediately—worked well in this one. I really can’t wait until the next book in the series come out. I really couldn’t afford another series to fangirl but it looks like I have found one.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio