Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Review: Paranormal by Raymond Moody, M.D.

Paranormal: My Life in Pursuit of the AfterlifePublisher: HarperCollins Publishers   
ISBN:0061711535 
Pages:256 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction  
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

Moody, the "grandfather" of the modern NDE (Near Death Experience) movement, was the first to describe the accounts of the bright light, the tunnel and the presence of loved ones waiting on the other side. In this chronicle of his lifetime of research into the after life, Moody explains how he stumbled onto these amazingly consistent stories by people who had died and come back to life.


My Review: 

I am a  paranormal addict. I watch all of the paranormal related shows on TV no matter how crazy they seem or how loopy some of the people on those shows are. Ghost Hunters is my favorite because despite how skeptical I am, they seem very scientifically sound. I like paranormal shows that cater to my need for both logic and a good scare. This one was exactly that—enough science, not gratuitously scary and quite interesting.

I found Paranormal to be extremely fascinating. That is saying something huge because I read this book in the midst of one of the worst migraines I have ever experienced and anyone who has ever had a migraine knows that reading is nearly impossible when dealing with a migraine. I really loved that this was not really about ghosts and ghouls but Near Death Experiences. I have a couple of family members that have experienced Near Death Experiences and I have always found them to be fascinating if a bit scary. I have always been of the belief that they are not real/they are the result of an adrenaline rush but this book definitely changed my view on that.

I was a bit wary of this book when I started it. I’m not the type of person that likes to think beyond what I know as fact because the unknown, quite frankly, frightens me quite a bit. But I could not put this book down. I was completely engrossed from the first page. I am still sort of a skeptic. I have trouble believing things that can’t be proven to me but this book went a long way towards convincing me because of the logical and cohesive way information was presented. 

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. I think it says a lot that you were wary but the book won you over!

    Thanks for being on the tour!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio