Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review: The Rogue Pirate’s Bride by Shana Galen

The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution #3) Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca   
ISBN:1402265557 
Pages:352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical, Pirates  
Series-The Sons of the Revolution 1,2 
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

REVENGE SHOULD BE SWEET, BUT IT MAY COST HIM EVERYTHING

Out to avenge the death of his mentor, Bastien discovers himself astonishingly out of his depth when confronted with a beautiful, daring young woman who is out for his blood...

FORGIVENESS IS UNTHINKABLE BUT IT MAY BE HER ONLY HOPE...

British Admiral's daughter Raeven Russell believes Bastien responsible for her fiancé's death. But once the fiery beauty crosses swords with Bastien, she's not so sure she really wants him to change his wicked ways...


My Review: 

I love pirates and it didn’t start with Captain Jack Sparrow either. I read one of my Mother’s pirate romances (the title has escaped me) as a kid and I have been hooked ever since. I am always looking for a new awesome pirate hero and I may have found one in Bastien.

I must begin by saying that I have a pet peeve. It’s not a big one but it is a weird one. I dislike it when people add extra letters to first names or letters that shouldn’t be there. Our heroine’s name is Raeven. That extra “e” just set my teeth on edge. But aside from the bit of ridiculousness, I really did love Raeven. She was every bit as much of a sailor as Bastien. She never had any weak moments and the only times she ever got really emotional were completely justified. Bastien is another hero that proves my theory that every hero with any version of the name Sebastian must be awesome. Because he was. He was amazing. He was perfect in every possible way for Raeven. That is not to say he didn’t have his hero moments of utter dumbness but he matched her strength for strength.

As I said before, I am a big fan of pirates. I didn’t know how much until I finished this book but it’s apparently a favorite of mine because I loved this book. I loved the romance and the action. The battle scenes were amazing. If a pirate romance has great battle scenes, it’s a major plus. The chemistry between Bastien and Raeven was great. She was often trying to kill him and I, generally, approve of that. I do have to admit to a major sad moment when one of my favorite characters bit the big one. I won’t spoil who it is but I loved that character.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio