Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, February 3, 2012

Wicked Winter Read-a-Thon

image

I haven’t done a readathon in so long. I have no idea what I am going to read but I think I am going to focus on my “fun” books. Romances and YA. I am aiming to get some of the authors that have backlists waiting to be read off my TBR.

I have been reading for much of the day (days off are nice). I will update every couple of hours

Update #1

Hours Read: 2
Currently Reading: To Kiss A Texan by Jodi Thomas (pg 98)
Books Completed: None Yet

Challenge # 1-Welcome into the Unknown from at Books, Biscuits and Tea

Everyone has their own reading habits and their own reading space. What is yours like?

I can’t take a pic my space right now for 2 reasons. 1)It’s a big mess and 2) My camera, for some strange reason, was left in the freezer and now does not work. But I can describe it for you and link you to pictures of my shelves that I took when I had my camera Smile

I am currently reading my first book, To Kiss A Texan, in a big orange comfy chair. I swear this big orange mush chair is the secret to success for all the various readathons I have participated in. I have been reading on this particular chair since I was a baby. I am snacking on…well nothing right now but I have a bag of almonds waiting for me. I am drinking a variety of teas from Adagio Teas. I am currently sipping on a Candy Cane tea. It’s yummy.

The pics of my shelves, my pride and joy, can be found here.

Update #2

Hours Read: 7
Currently Reading: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (pg 102)
Books Completed: To Kiss A Texan by Jodi Thomas
Total Pages Read: 393
Up Next: To Wed in Texas by Jodi Thomas

Update #3

Hours Read: 12
Currently Reading: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (pg 123)
Books Completed: To Kiss A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, To Wed A Texan by Jodi Thomas 
Total Pages Read: 1219
Up Next: The Texan’s Dream by Jodi Thomas

Challenge # 2 The Wicked Winter Ball @ Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

I will be wearing: image

I will be bringing: image

I may even let him wear a shirt. Maybe.

Update #4

Hours Read: 18
Currently Reading: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (pg 156)
Books Completed: To Kiss A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, To Wed A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, The Texan’s Dream by Jodi Thomas 
Total Pages Read: 2036
Up Next: No idea! Please vote on my poll in the sidebar.
Challenges Participated in: Welcome into the Unknown @ Books, Biscuits and Tea, The Wicked Winter Ball  @ Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, Wicked Cover Lover @ Love of Books

Update #5

Hours Read: 21
Currently Reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (pg 156)
Books Completed: To Kiss A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, To Wed A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, The Texan’s Dream by Jodi Thomas, City of Glass by Cassandra Clare 
Total Pages Read: 2557
Up Next: No idea! Please vote on my poll in the sidebar. Only 9 Hours Left. So far Kresley Cole is leading.
Challenges Participated in: Welcome into the Unknown @ Books, Biscuits and Tea, The Wicked Winter Ball  @ Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, Wicked Cover Lover @ Love of Books, Guess the Title – Picture Puzzle @ Book Briefs

Challenge #4-Guess the Title – Picture Puzzle @ Book Briefs

It’s so very easy!

Anonymous-New-York-Skyline--Spring-97264

+

Fallen-Angel

Update #6

Hours Read: 31
Currently Reading: The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole (pg 20)
Books Completed: To Kiss A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, To Wed A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, The Texan’s Dream by Jodi Thomas, City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, If You Dare by Kresley Cole, If You Desire by Kresley Cole, If You Deceive by Kresley Cole  
Total Pages Read: 3951
Challenges Participated in: Welcome into the Unknown @ Books, Biscuits and Tea, The Wicked Winter Ball  @ Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, Wicked Cover Lover @ Love of Books, Guess the Title – Picture Puzzle @ Book Briefs, Tease at Random @ Project TBR

Challenge #5

Tease at Random @ Project TBR

The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole:

The poor warlord with his broad shoulders and jet-black hair was about to join a legion of other males whose last sight on earth was her smiling face.

Update #7

Hours Read: 34
Currently Reading: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (pg 120)
Books Completed: To Kiss A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, To Wed A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, The Texan’s Dream by Jodi Thomas, City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, If You Dare by Kresley Cole, If You Desire by Kresley Cole, If You Deceive by Kresley Cole, The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole, A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole   
Total Pages Read: 4524
Challenges Participated in: Welcome into the Unknown @ Books, Biscuits and Tea, The Wicked Winter Ball  @ Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, Wicked Cover Lover @ Love of Books, Guess the Title – Picture Puzzle @ Book Briefs, Tease at Random @ Project TBR, Sentence to Song @ Letters Inside Out

Challenge #6-Sentence to Song @ Letters Inside Out

Simple. I am listening to my favorite band Muse so hmmm which song? I know it’s been used many times in playlists for Clockwork Angel but it just seems to fit. I am picking…Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse. I would post the video here but the blog is not cooperating.

Update #8

Hours Read: 41
Currently Reading: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (pg 250)
Books Completed: To Kiss A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, To Wed A Texan by Jodi Thomas, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, The Texan’s Dream by Jodi Thomas, City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, If You Dare by Kresley Cole, If You Desire by Kresley Cole, If You Deceive by Kresley Cole, The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole, A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare,  No Rest For the Wicked by Kresley Cole  
Total Pages Read: 5486
Challenges Participated in: Welcome into the Unknown @ Books, Biscuits and Tea, The Wicked Winter Ball  @ Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, Wicked Cover Lover @ Love of Books, Guess the Title – Picture Puzzle @ Book Briefs, Tease at Random @ Project TBR, Sentence to Song @ Letters Inside Out, The Fight for Survival Continues @ My Shelf Confessions

Challenge #7-The Fight for Survival Continues @ My Shelf Confessions

How will you defeat the Wicked Winter Witch so you can go on and fight another day until this evil Ice Age ends?

Hmm…Two words---Ice Pick. And if that doesn’t work---Kosher Salt.

22 comments:

  1. Wow that is a whole lot of books!!

    ♥Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It's crazy. I just can't stop the book hoarding. I currently have to shopping list of new books to buy as well. It's this issue I have.

      Delete
  2. I find that both sad and hilarious that your camera was left in the freezer -- it's so something I would do! Hope it works again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually stuff books in there when they upset me too much so I was surprised to find my camera in there. It's in rice right now. Hopefully it fixes it.

      Delete
  3. wow..all those books.i feel so at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Loooots of books. o.o But that's how it should be! ;) I'm sorry your camera made it's way into the freezer. My ipod once made it in the oven, so I know what it's like to find things in random places. :o (Yes, it still worked!)

    Your reading place sounds cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost a cell phone to the oven once. I was baking a batch of brownies and I heard a phone ringing. Lo and behold..melted phone ringing in the oven. It was a mess.

      Delete
    2. Oh no!! That... sure sounds like a mess. ._.

      Delete
  5. Oh my, you have LOTS of books in there! :o And what the heck was the camera doing in the freezer? Tee hee!

    Tea is always a good choice! Thank you for taking part in the challenge :)

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. Probably put it down for a "second" and forgot to pick it back up. lol.

      Delete
  6. Hmmm . . . could your title be City of Fallen Angels perhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have read a ton of books! You go girl! Awesome job :) I like your picture puzzle by the way, but I won't ruin it for anyone else by guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing awesome with your reading! Putting my 750 pages to shame. Keep up the good work! :)

    Love the picture challenge ... I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally giggled about the camera in the freezer - and then your comment about usually putting books in there that upset you! LOL I love that! I'm excited you read City of ANgels, and some of the TMI series, I really can't wait to dig into the 3 i have - and get more! And eventually read the Infernal Devices series :D

    You've made some awesome progress! I love that you're using a chair you've been reading in since you were little that's so neat! I like the pictures you chose for your picture challenge - esp the angel.

    Thanks for joining us in our fun :D Hope you've had as fabulous of a time as we have :D

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I am always finding books in the freezer. The last one that found its way in there was Sarah Palin's autobiography. I actually had to chisel it out with an ice pick. I just hope one day I don't find my Nook stuffed in the freezer.

      The TMI series is really amazing. I just finished it and it is so good. Books very rarely live up to my expectations but this series did. I still have to continue with the ID series. I am a bit wary of the series as I think I will like Will better than Jem.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  10. Great book puzzle...and one that I could actually figure out :)

    ♥Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! we had the same date! xD shame on him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun teaser. Thanks for taking part :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, Muse goes perfectly with the Infernal Devices!! :O

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio