Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, March 2, 2012

Review: Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel by Samantha Grace

Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel (Beau Monde, #1)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca   
ISBN:1402258313 
Pages:416 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency 
Series-Beau Monde  
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

He'll never settle for one woman...
Debonair bachelor Lord Andrew Forest lives for pleasure and offers no apologies. But he receives a dose of his own medicine when his family's entrancing houseguest beds him, then disappears without so much as a by-your-leave. He'd like to teach the little vixen a thing or two about how to love and man...if he can find her.
And she won't settle for heartbreak...
After the dashing man of her dreams is revealed as a lying scoundrel, heiress Lana Hilary is ready to seek a match with a respectable gentleman—if only they weren't so dreadfully boring. Unable to rein in her bold nature for long, Lana flirts with trouble and finds herself entangled with exactly the type of man she's vowed to avoid.


My Review: 

This review is a couple of days late. Well it should have gone up a week ago but this was one of those cases where I needed to reread the book before writing my review to form a solid opinion.

I really liked Lana. She was clever and strong. I loved that it was Lana being pursued by Andrew. Usually you see the opposite with historical romances about rakes and rogues. Andrew was the typical rake but he definitely had a softer side to him. We all know that I love my rakes. Although I do prefer for them to be a bit nastier and less nice. He had to earn Lana’s trust because she knew how much of a rake he was. I loved that he had to make himself better to be worthy of Lana.

I knew this would be good the minute I picked it up the first time. I am not often wrong when I have these hunches. I wasn’t wrong with this one. I loved the insta-attraction between Lana and Andrew. They were just so sweet. There was also plenty of humor to be had in this one which I always appreciate. This was one hell of a debut by Samantha Grace. I am absolutely thrilled that I have the next book waiting to be read. I am looking forward to it.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio