Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: A SEAL in Wolf’s Clothing by Terry Spear

A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca   
ISBN:1402258909 
Pages:326 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Shapeshifters 
Series: Heart of the Wolf-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:
Her instincts tell her he's dangerous...

While her overprotective brother's away, Meara Greymere's planning to play—and it wouldn't hurt to find herself a mate in the process. The last thing she needs is one of his SEAL buddies spoiling her fun, even if the guy is the hottest one she's ever seen...

His powers of persuasion are impossible to resist...

Finn Emerson is a battle-hardened Navy SEAL and alpha wolf. He's a little overqualified for baby-sitting, but feisty Meara is attracting trouble like a magnet...

As the only responsible alpha male in the vicinity, Finn is going to have to protect this intriguing woman from a horde of questionable men, and definitely from himself...


My Review: 

I’ve read a few books in this series and I’ve liked what I’ve read. This one is much the same. It was a good read. Maybe not on my favorites list but I did enjoy it.

First of all, I love the heroine’s name. Maera has long been one of my favorite names ever. I know this is strange but if I think the heroine/hero’s name is ridiculous, I often think the book is ridiculous as well. But aside from her name, I also loved Maera. She was strong and capable. She was headstrong but not in the stupid way but in the smart, not getting herself into massive amounts of trouble way. I did want her to tell her brother to take a hike. I tend to take issue with over-protective brothers—probably because I don’t have any so I don’t get it. I loved Finn. I did want to smack him at some points but, generally, I really liked him. He was an easygoing yet uber-protective hero.

I really did like this book. It came as a bit of a surprise because they last book, Dreaming of the Wolf, was a bit of a letdown for me. I loved the chemistry between Maera and Finn. They had this great push and pull. I also liked how Maera was the active one in the relationship. Maera was the one searching for a mate and Finn was reluctant. That’s definitely something unique. I did know who the bad guy was from the start but I usually do.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio