Search Me!


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Review: True Highland Spirit by Amanda Forester

True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca   
Pages:416 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Highlander 
Series: The Night Riders-1,2
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:


Morrigan McNab is a Highland lady, robbed of her birthright and with no choice but to fight alongside her brothers to protect their impoverished clan. When she encounters Sir Jacques Dragonet, she discovers her fiercest opponent...


Sir Jacques Dragonet will give his life to defend Scotland from the English. He can't stop himself from admiring the beautiful Highland lass who wields her weapons as skillfully as he does, and endangers his heart even more than his life...

My Review: 

Amanda Forester is one of my favorite Highlander romance writers out there. I was really excited for this one—I saved it for last. I do that with all the books that I have high expectations of.

Morrigan was an amazing heroine. She was a warrior. I love it when heroines are actually kickass in an actual kickass kind of way. She was also quite smart. She was the smartest person in her family by a mile and was willing to do whatever she need to do to help them survive. Dragonet was a knight and get ready for this…a monk. Yes, a monk. I was so curious to see how that would work out with the fact that this is a romance novel and monks do take a vow of celibacy. It did not seem convenient at all but Forester really made it work.

I loved how Forester managed the whole monk situation because that was one of my major concerns about this book at the start. How would that be resolved? I was pleasantly surprised when it was done in a very neat and clever way. I thought Morrigan and Dragonet had a very lovely chemistry. I do wish that Dragonet had told Morrigan of his situation much earlier. I also loved all the action as well. This girl loves a good action sequence just as much as a good love scene. At first, I didn’t appreciate all of the religious undertones. I am not the most religious person on the planet. But after I got into the book and saw how religion tied into the plot, I totally got it. I also read the Author’s Note at the end which clarified it for me.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio