Search Me!

Loading...

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Review: A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare

A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)Publisher: Avon    
ISBN:0062049879 
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency 
Series: Spindle Cove-1 
Challenges: TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

When a devilish lord and a bluestocking set off on the road to ruin…Time is not on their side.
Minerva Highwood, one of Spindle Cove’s confirmed spinsters, needs to be in Scotland.
Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, a rake of the first order, needs to be…anywhere but Spindle Cove.
These unlikely partners have one week
- to fake an elopement
- to convince family and friends they’re in “love”
- to outrun armed robbers
- to survive their worst nightmares
- to travel four hundred miles without killing each other
All while sharing a very small carriage by day and an even smaller bed by night.
What they don’t have time for is their growing attraction. Much less wild passion. And heaven forbid they spend precious hours baring their hearts and souls.
Suddenly one week seems like exactly enough time to find a world of trouble.
And maybe…just maybe…love.


My Review: 

I hate to admit it but Tessa Dare is one of those authors that seems to be on my eternal TBR. I keep putting her books off. I want to read them very badly but I never get around to it. This one may not have been the best place to start given that it is Book 2 in a series but I figure that somewhere is better than nowhere. Right?

I have this irrational love for brainiac heroines. There is just something extra special about an uber-smart heroine who can put the hero in his place with her intellect. It just appeals to me. Minerva is definitely one of those heroines. She is an archaeologist who made a huge dinosaur-sized discovery so she was definitely a smartypants. At first, she kind of reminded me of a female Sheldon Cooper (although she had more social graces). She also has a massive inferiority complex caused by the neglect of her mother who was truly awful. Initially, she is a bit of a tough nut to crack but she truly grew in both likeability and depth throughout the book. I loved Colin. He is currently number 8 on my Hero Crush list. He has a bit of the broken boy complex which I love very much. He is a bit of a rake and a scamp but he is genuinely one of the most generous and kind-hearted heroes I have ever come across. Colin has the tendency to break my heart a little and be so adorably sweet at the same time. It is very strange to say that about a rake but it’s true.

I need to read Tessa Dare’s books immediately. This one was one of my reading highlights of the last couple of months. I loved just about everything about it. I loved the journey aspect of it. I love it when my main couple travel together. It always leads to interesting situations and this one definitely did. I also like the science and considering I was a perpetual epic failure in all things science related that is saying something. But what I loved the most was the honest and very sweet development of the relationship between Minerva and Colin. Initially, I really couldn’t see how a pairing between the “plain jane” Minerva and the rake Colin would work even though this is  something you see all the time in romances. With Minerva and Colin, I just didn’t sense any real chemistry to start until they set out on the journey to Edinburgh and then the chemistry between them just sizzled.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. Well, your review convinced me to give the book a try. You've made me curious as to how an unlikely match fall in love. I have to read it now. :-)
    Best,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio