Search Me!

Loading...

Saturday, April 21, 2012

It’s about time for the Dewey 24 Hour Read-A-Thon!

dreamstime_readathong

I have been absent from the blog for a bit. I had a death in the family and I needed time to clear my head. But I am back now and I have been yearning for the Dewey Read-A-Thon to get me back into gear. I have decided that I am going to focus on the books I love…romance novels.

The list is huge but I am definitely not going to read all of it. I am going to attempt to read through Lisa Kleypas’ backlist and the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (and maybe more assorted series if I get bored)—I’ve crossed off the ones I’ve finished already:

Berkley-Faulkner Series
  1. Where Passion Leads (1987)
  2. Forever My Love (1988)
Only Vallerand Series
  1. Only in Your Arms (1992) = When Strangers Marry (2002)
  2. Only with Your Love (1992)
Gamblers of Craven's Series
  1. Then Came You (1993)
  2. Dreaming of You (1994)
Stokehurst Family Series
  1. Midnight Angel (1995)
  2. Prince of Dreams (1995)
Capitol Theatre Series
  1. Somewhere I'll Find You (1996)
  2. Because You're Mine (1997)
Bow-Street Runners Series
  1. Someone to Watch Over Me (1999)
  2. Lady Sophia's Lover (2002)
  3. Worth Any Price (2003)
Wallflower Series
  1. Secrets of a Summer Night (2005)
  2. It Happened One Autumn (2005)
  3. Devil in Winter (2006)
  4. Scandal in Spring (2006)
  5. A Wallflower Christmas (2008)
The Hathaways Series
  1. Mine Till Midnight (2007)
  2. Seduce Me at Sunrise (2008)
  3. A Hathaway Wedding (short story) (2009)
  4. Tempt Me at Twilight (2009)
  5. Married By Morning (2010)
  6. Love In The Afternoon (2010)
Other Historical Romance Novels
  • Love, Come to Me (1988)
  • Give Me Tonight (1989)
  • Stranger in My Arms (1998)
  • Where Dreams Begin (2000)
  • Suddenly You (2001)
  • Again the Magic (2004)
Travis Series (Contemporary)
  1. Sugar Daddy (2007)
  2. Blue Eyed Devil (2008)
  3. Smooth Talking Stranger (2009)
Friday Harbor (Contemporary)
  1. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Oct 26, 2010)
  2. Rainshadow Road (Feb, 2012)

Black Dagger Brotherhood:

  1. Dark Lover
  2. Lover Eternal
  3. Lover Awakened
  4. Lover Revealed
  5. Lover Unbound
  6. Lover Enshrined
  7. Lover Avenged
  8. Lover Mine
  9. Lover Unleashed
  10. Lover Reborn

And I am going to alternate with other books on my TBR and my Nook:

  • A Warrior’s Promise by Donna Fletcher
  • The Art of Duke Hunting by Sophia Nash
  • The Taker by Alma Katsu
  • The Reckoning by Alma Katsu
  • Tarnished by Karina Cooper
  • Scandal Wears Satin by Loretta Chase
  • How To Be A Proper Lady by Katherine Ashe
  • Hot For Fireman by Jennifer Bernard
  • A Night Like This by Julia Quinn
  • Lady Alexandra’s Excellent Adventure by Sophie Barnes
  • Perilous Pleasures by Jenny Brown
  • Crazy on You by Rachel Gibson
  • Once Upon A List by Robin Gold
  • A Secret in Her Kiss by Anna Randol
  • Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson
  • Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes
  • A Gentleman Says “I Do” by Amelia Grey
  • Kiss of The Goblin Prince by Shona Husk
  • Nadia Knows Best by Jill Mansell

Hours 1-6

My cable company messed up my internet. I guess they think no one wants to be online early in the morning…wrong. Luckily, I can read while rolling my eyes and yelling.

Currently Reading: Dark Lover by JR Ward (pg. 294)
Pages Read: 294
Books Finished:
Up Next:
Forever My Love by Lisa Kleypas

Challenge Hour 1: Introductory Post:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? New York
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? All of Lisa Kleypas
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Chestnut Tea
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a really nervous girl today. My hockey team is playing a playoff game and I have a whole mess of lucky rituals to complete.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I am a vet. I won’t do anything differently. I’ve had fun every year.

Challenge Hour 3: Book Puzzle from One Librarian’s Book Reviews

+

= ?

Challenge Hour 4: Turn To Page at Reflections of a Bookaholic

"I would rather read than hear the drone of her voice any day!"

It’s on page 33 but nothing on page 32 fit!

Challenge Hour 6: Book Appetite at Book Journey

1.  Dark Lover by JR Ward

2.  Rare steak, red wine, scotch, dark dark chocolate cake. It seems fitting.

Hours 7-9

Currently Reading: Forever My Love by Lisa Kleypas(pg. 45)
Pages Read: 438
Books Finished: Dark Lover by JR Ward
Up Next: Lover Eternal by JR Ward

Hours 10-12

Currently Reading: Lover Eternal by JR Ward (pg. 22)
Pages Read: 831
Books Finished: Dark Lover by JR Ward, Forever My Love by Lisa Kleypas
Up Next: A Warrior's Promise by Donna Fletcher

11 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your recent loss. I hope that you have a great day of reading. I LOVE the BDB and am making my way through the series for the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here to cheer! A day of romances sounds perfect for the read-a-thon -- and I really believe that they are healing as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite an ambitious list. Best of luck with today's readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck today! It looks like you're already off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!!!!!!!! I hope you get through everything on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love LOVE the Black Dagger Brotherhood books! Vishous is my fave brother. Hope you enjoy them! I completely agree with your Book Appetite choices for Dark Lover! ;)

    So glad you could join us today! You're doing great, keep it up!

    --Shaunie (Team Mercutio)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent menu planning.... I love planning food to go with books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're having a great read-a-thon. I love the sentence you made. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, the only thing I can think for your puzzle is Midnight in Austenland. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since you love romance, you might like this Janet Evanovich quote Evanovich quote

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your reading list is HUGE!! I love romance too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio