Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: Confessions From An Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville

Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0062023055
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency 
Series: The Bugundy Club-.5,1,2,3
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb




Summary from publisher:

They couldn't be more different, but there's one thing they agree on.

In London after a two-year exile, Lord Blakeney plans to cut a swathe through the bedchambers of the demimonde. Marriage is not on his agenda, especially to an annoying chit like Minerva Montrose, with her superior attitude and a tendency to get into trouble. And certainly the last man Minerva wants is Blake, a careless wastrel without a thought in his handsome head.

The heat and noise of her debutante ball give Minerva a migraine. Surely a moment's rest could do no harm ... until Blake mistakes her for another lady, leaving Minerva's guests to catch them in a very compromising position. To her horror, the scandal will force them to do the unthinkable: marry. Their mutual loathing blazes into unexpected passion but Blake remains distant, desperate to hide a shameful secret. Minerva's never been a woman to take things lying down, and she'll let nothing stop her from winning his trust ... and his heart.

My Review: 

This is another book that I read as a part of the awesome Avon Addicts program and it has been on my wish list since it popped up on Goodreads. I quite literally could not put this one down. I carried my Nook everywhere with me until I finished. I was obsessed.

This is the second book in the last two weeks with a heroine named Minerva (A Week To Be Wicked by Tessa Dare). It may be a good omen because I loved both books and both Minervas. This Minerva was just as brainy but in a more political way. She was also quite ambitious which I really loved. I did, however, wonder why she didn’t pick up on Blake’s secret sooner than she did. It was kind of obvious. Speaking of our hero, Blake, I wavered between wanting to kill him and loving him. He was a true rake. He had a mistress, he visited her, he bought her jewelry—all while he was engaged to Minerva. Bad very bad. But really, I found him to be a likeable hero in spite of his faults. He had a massive inferiority complex because of his secret (not telling!) and he really did fall completely in love with Minerva.

This was my first Miranda Neville book. I am happy to say that it won’t be my last and I am pretty committed to marathon reading this whole series when I get a chance. If all of her rakes are like Blake then I will be a very happy girl. It’s very rare that an author can get a rake “just right” (kind of like toast or soup) but Neville comes very close. I am also a big fan of any romance novel involving an arranged marriage and a mistress. This one definitely comes highly recommended.


Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read these, I'll have to give them a try! Sabrina Jeffries also has a heroine named Minerva in her most recent series. The title is How to Woo a Reluctant Lady. I quite liked the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read these but I love a good romance :) I'll have to check it out. Great review! Now following you via GFC :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio