Search Me!


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review: How To Ravish a Rake by Vicky Dreiling

Publisher: Forever
ISBN:  0446565407
Pages: 337 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: How To-1,2
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Amy Hardwick has one last Season to shake off her wallflower image and make a love match. If she can't, she'll set aside her dreams of romance and return home to a suitor who can provide security-if little else. What she doesn't count on is the inappropriate-and irresistible-attention lavished on her in a darkened library by rake extraordinaire Will "The Devil" Darcett . . .

When Will is caught in a tryst with the ton's shyest miss, he knows he must offer for her hand. Yet Amy is not the shrinking violet she seems to be. Passion lies beneath her prim exterior and Will is eager to release it. But winning Amy isn't simply a matter of seduction; first, Will must convince her that he's mended his wicked ways . .

My Review: 

I hate to admit it but I am flying blind with this series. I have them all and haven’t gotten a chance to read the previous books yet. And I really hate jumping into a series at the end but I did it. And I liked this book quite a bit. I will have to reread it once I read the other books.

Amy was one of those heroines that I wavered with a little. I did really like her. I always feel a bit of a kinship with the wallflower heroines. And I really loved that she was ambitious and had aspirations of a career. At times, her voice did get a bit dronish but not often. Will was, of course, a rake. He’s nicknamed “The Devil” how much rakier can you get? But I like that, of course. I love that he started out with terrible intentions but he’s not at all a bad guy just a misguided one.

I normally hate stepping into a series at the end of a series. I really do. It’s like you walked into a room in the middle of an important conversation and can’t catch up. It wasn’t the case with this one. I immediately fell in love with both the story and Will and Amy. Amy and Will are kindred spirits and that connection definitely shines through. I have a feeling that both Will and Amy would have annoyed me with anyone else but they were borderline perfect together.


  1. Thank you for the lovely review. Cheers!

  2. This series sounds yummy, and I am glad that you indicated you were flying by the seat of your pants..i will start with book one..i have read things out of order, typically for review purposes, but i am sadly anal and prefer starting at the beginning..hahaha!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio