Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bout of Books 4.0

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

I am late and I know it. I always am. I have no idea what I am going to do during this one but it should be fun.

Goals:

  • Read at least 7 books.
  • Finish Lisa Kleypas’ backlist
  • Finish the Black Dagger Brotherhood
  • Finish the Fifty Shades series.
  • Draft reviews of all of them.

Day 1:

  • Currently Reading: Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes (page 126)
  • Up Next: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (it’s time yet again)

Day 2:

  • Currently Reading: Fifty Shades Freed (page 96)
  • Up Next: When Strangers Marry by Lisa Kleypas
  • Finished:Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes,Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Mini-Challenge 2 from Nyx Book Reviews

Physical book or eBook? Physical Book. Nothing beats the feel and smell of a paper book.

Paperback or Hardcover? Paperback. Hardcovers are so unwieldy.

Reality or Make-believe? Reality.

Adult or Young-Adult? Adult.

Dog ears or Bookmarks? BOOKMARKS!!! Dog earing is a sacrilege.

Breaking the spine or Barely open the book? As much as I would like to say barely open, I probably should say break the spine. I like it when a book looks like it’s been read.

Tea or Coffee? Coffee in the morning and tea the rest of the time.

Reading in bed or On the couch? Bed. My couch is the most uncomfortable thing on the planet.

Series or Standalone? Series. Especially historical romance series.

Original or TV Adaptation? Original

Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks? Defy motion sickness. I am from NYC. I can read a book while crossing Broadway. I finished One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest while crossing Times Square. I’m a pro.

Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again? I am terrible with names so probably who was that guy.

Interview or Guest post? If I have read the book, I like interviews. If I haven’t, probably a guest post.

Day 3 and 4:

  • Currently Reading:  When Strangers Marry by Lisa Kleypas (page 26)
  • Up Next: Only in Your Arms by Lisa Kleypas—older version of When Strangers Marry
  • Finished:Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes,Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James (meh), Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Day 5:

  • Currently Reading:  Only With Your Love by Lisa Kleypas (page 226)
  • Up Next: Lover Avenged by JR Ward
  • Finished:Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes,Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James (meh), Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward, When Strangers Marry by Lisa Kleypas ,  Only in Your Arms by Lisa Kleypas

Mini-Challenge 2- Shoe Challenge hosted by The Reading Housewives of Indiana

When Strangers Marry (Vallerands, #1)

It’s the gold. Who can resist a beautiful gold heel? Can’t walk in them but can look at them.

Day 6:

  • Currently Reading:  Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas (page 130)
  • Up Next: Lover Mine by JR Ward
  • Finished:Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes,Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James (meh), Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward, When Strangers Marry by Lisa Kleypas ,  Only in Your Arms by Lisa Kleypas, Only With Your Love by Lisa Kleypas, Lover Avenged by JR Ward

Day 7:

  • Finished:Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes,Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James (meh), Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward, When Strangers Marry by Lisa Kleypas ,  Only in Your Arms by Lisa Kleypas, Only With Your Love by Lisa Kleypas, Lover Avenged by JR Ward, Lover Mine by JR Ward and Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas

8 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of people are reading the BDB boys this week! Enjoy! Good luck on your goals and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going great :). I'm a little behind but I really enjoy doing this read-a-thon and it's my first :D ! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, You are doing great. I like your google button. i use to have that background on my blog. Happy reading to you!!
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com/p/bout-of-books-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 books down! Way to go! Have fun and keep up the great reading progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw your BDB goal! How did I possibly miss that before?!? Good luck, happy reading and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, congrats on read a lot of books :) Look forward to next time!

    Here is my Bout of Books overall progress.
    Lauren at Northern Plunder.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio