Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review: Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes

Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal (The Duke's Daughters, #2)(Windham, #5)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca  
ISBN:1402263775 
Pages:384 pages
Genre:  Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: Series: The Duke’s Daughters-1; Windham-1,2,3,4 (Tk)Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb


Summary from publisher:

Lady Maggie Windham Has Secrets

And she's been perfectly capable of keeping them...until now. When she's threatened with exposure, she turns to investigator Benjamin Hazlit to keep catastrophe at bay. But Maggie herself intrigues Benjamin more than the riddle she's set him to solve. As he uncovers more and more of her past, Maggie struggles to keep him at a distance, until they both begin to discover the truth in their hearts...

 

My Review: 

Grace Burrowes is quickly becoming a “go to” author for me. I very rarely find myself disappointed or annoyed by anything in her books. She writes a great plot with interesting characters and great chemistry. What more is there to ask for?

Interestingly enough, I had a bit of trouble with Maggie. I did end up liking her but, at first, I couldn’t get a read on her. As the book went on and as I got to know her better, I kind of fell in love with her in a “be my BFFL” kind of way. Ben, on the other hand, I love immediately. He is an example of hero perfection. He was just enough bad boy to make him not obnoxious but good enough not to make him unlikeable. See…that right there is perfection.

This one did take a little effort to get into. Probably because I didn’t connect with Maggie immediately. I need to connect with both the hero and the heroine to like a book. It’s one of my failings. But eventually, I did and I loved the book once I did. I loved everything about this book the mystery, the touch of humor, the chemistry between Maggie and Ben and the love scenes were some of the best written love scenes I have ever read. All in all, this book was a gem.

If you are a historical romance and have not read the Westhaven series by Grace Burrowes, drop what you are reading and pick up The Heir now. You won’t regret it.


Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read anything by this author, but the story sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio