Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: A Lady’s Revenge by Tracey Devlyn

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
ISBN:  1402258224
Pages:448 pages
Genre:  Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: Nexus
Challenges-TK
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

Nothing Gets Between a Lady and Her Vengence...
In a daring rescue, beautiful and wily secret operative Cora deBeau is reunited with her childhood friend Guy Trevelyan, who wants so much more from her now than friendship ...

He'll Stoke the Fire Until They Both Go Up In Flames...
But Cora's mission against the French has become personal, and even the fire between her and Guy won't deter her. When it comes to getting sweet, cruel revenge, nothing will stand in a lady's way ...

My Review: 

I totally meant to have this review out a couple of weeks ago but if it wasn’t getting eating by a computer crash it was being delayed by a dead modem. April’s just not been my month for just about anything. And this is a review you want to post because it is a very happy “This book was awesome” review.

Cora was a one of a kind heroine in that she was truly competent at what she does. She needs no assistance from the hero to be a successful spy. He, in fact, needs her. I was also especially pleased to see that Cora never descended to the festering, evil damsel place. I hate damsels with a passion and Cora, thankfully, is not one. Guy was virtually the perfect hero. He was hopelessly devoted to Cora and did his best to protect her. He had this gentleness about him in spite of his dangerous job as a spy that I really liked and appreciated.

From the start of this book, I was in awe that this was a debut. It’s just so good. It’s a nice mix of spy thriller, mystery and historical romance. Every aspect of the story is perfectly balanced and never once does the romance overtake the plot. The characters were pure perfection and I genuinely did not have a single quibble with any of them. The last is a personal preference but I loved how long this book was. I like my books chunky (kind of like Moto Moto). I miss the days when publishers would publish the 400+ historical romances and this one was well over 400 pages.

Tracey Devlyn will be going on my list of must read author with Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn, J.R. Ward, Elaine Coffman etc. It’s that good. Highly recommended.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio