Search Me!


Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: A Gentleman Says “I Do” by Amelia Grey

A Gentleman Says "I Do" Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca  
ISBN: 1402239769
Pages: 352 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency
Series: The Rogues’ Dynasty-1,2, 3,4 
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Her Writing Talent is Causing All Kinds of Trouble...

The daughter of a famous writer, Catalina Crisp has helped her father publish a parody that makes Iverson Brentwood's whole family the talk of the town, and not in a good way.

Because He's the Reality Behind the Story...

Furious and threatening, Iverson storms into Catalina's house, demanding satisfaction, but the infamous rake has finally met his match. With her cool demeanor and intense intelligence, Catalina heats his blood like no other woman in his notorious history...

My Review: 

I have learned a brand new lesson. Never draft a review on loose-leaf paper. You will lose it. And then you will spend days trying to find it. And you likely won’t cause it’s a needle in a paper haystack. So, you’re likely going to have to dig through your memory to remember what you thought about a book you read a couple of weeks ago.

Catalina was one of those heroines that I couldn’t quite get a read on for most of the book. I don’t know if it was simply because I couldn’t make a connection with her but she was a bit troublesome for me. I liked her but it took me a while. Iverson was not as troublesome for me but he flummoxed me. How does he expect Catalina will react when he waltzes into her house and threatens her father? He obviously just didn’t think things through. It just wasn’t logical. But I did like him. He did his best to help Catalina even though her father was a big problem for him.

I love Amelia Grey’s books. I have read many of them and I love most of them. This one while not among my favorites is definitely a great one. I liked both of the main characters but I generally am very wary of gossip—it’s my own personal weirdness—so I had to shake that before I started to get into the book. It didn’t take me long and when I got into it, I really started to love the humor and the romance of this book. I did think the chemistry between Catalina and Iverson was amazing. That in itself was amazing considering the rather auspicious start to their relationship.

Oh and by the way, Books Like Breathing is quoted on the back cover! Thank you, Sourcebooks.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio