Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon: Updates and such



I have no idea what the plan is for this week so I am just going to go with it and read whatever the heck I want to. I do know that I am going to finish of some review books and then I am going to move on to more Lisa Kleypas books. She's just so good at writing a romance novel. I will keep updates going through my Goodreads page and Twitter although that may become hockey infested more often than not. 

















on page 122

Up Next


Finished: Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half by Samantha Grace, Lord of the Black Isle by Elaine Coffman, To Love A Scoundrel by Kristina Cook, Midnight Angel by Lisa Kleypas, Prince of Dreams by Lisa Kleypas, Somewhere I'll Find You by Lisa Kleypas, Because You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas


Challenge Number 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes from Kindle Fever

“A wildfire is quickly coming your way! What thing/s do you grab when you only have a few minutes to make it out?”

I actually had to sit and think about this. I assume that my books are toast. There are so many of them and my idea of black garbage bags of paperbacks is unwieldy given the impending disaster so I am going to save:

  1. My Devils stuff (including all of my lucky things)
  2. My Nook
  3. My laptop 
Challenge Number 2: Slake Your Thirst from The Caffeinated Book Review

I chose my favorite drink of all: the Amaretto Sour.


Recipe:
Serves 1

1 1/2 oz Amaretto liqueur
1-2 splashes of sweet and sour mix

Pour the amaretto liqueur into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Add a splash or two of sweet and sour mix, and shake well. Strain or pour into an old-fashioned glass, garnish with a maraschino cherry and a slice of orange, and serve.

Read more: Amaretto Sour recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink820.html#ixzz1yMoNQopJ

My most anticipated summer read is:

Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3)

Challenge Number 3: Mix ‘n Match @ The Non Reluctant Reader

3 comments:

  1. I love Amaretto, but I have never tried it with a sweet & sour mix. Sounds yummy!

    Here's mine:
    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/06/wicked-wildfire-read-thon-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best thing ever. But I love Amaretto with anything.

      Delete
  2. This was my grandfather's favorite drink..yum and great choice for a summer read!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio