Search Me!


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Review: Goddess in the Middle by Stephanie Julian

Goddess in the MiddlePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 140225153X
Pages: 320 pages
Genre: Romance/Erotica/Menage
Series: Forgotten Goddesses-1,2
Buy this Book: Amazon, Indiebound, Powell's

Romulus and Remus are sexy werewolf cousins with an unbreakable bond. When they meet beautiful goddess Amity and save her from an encroaching demon, they discover that the three of them together are way more powerful than any of them could ever have imagined. And they're going to need that power to overcome the forces that are determined to steal Amity's magic and destroy the two men. As different as night and day, and each an amazing man in his own right, Rom and Remy make all of Amity's deepest fantasies come true ...

My Review:

I am pretty prudish when it comes to my romance reading. Very odd to say as a romance reader but I am. It's usually one man and one woman (sometimes two men) for me. Very rarely two men and one woman. So this is almost completely new for me and I can't say that I didn't like it.

Amity was an instantly likable heroine. There was nothing in the least bit obnoxious about her. She was perfect for both Remy and Rom because of her utter normality. Our two heroes were equally great. Rom was dependable and stalwart. He was kind of the nice guy hero but with Remy there to balance him out, I didn't mind it at all. Remy was more of a tough nut to break and, quite honestly, my favorite of the cousins. He had more of an edge and I do have a thing for scarred heroes.

I was a bit skeptical that two heroes could be equally great matches for one heroine. Stephanie Julian (sp?) completely proved her point. It worked and it worked well. I was amazed at how well both heroes worked with Amity. I was happy to see that there was nothing gratuitous about this book at all. It's more of a romance than erotica. I also loved how Gods, Goddesses and mythology were integrated into the plot in such a unique and smart way.

P.S.- Is there a hockey player hero I spy in the second book, How To Worship a Goddess? I must read that ASAP!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! The mythology/Roman history and the gods/goddesses mixed with some romance makes it sounds interesting. Weird how Rom/Rem founded Rome and who has ever written about that?



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio